RAZR prompting to use Wi-Fi for market DLs

Namaste777

Reaction score
Since update, I can't download anything from the Market. Prompts me to use Wi-Fi for downloads. Plus I can't send any videos because it says too large of file for the smallest video. Anyone having these issues?
Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

vonfink13

Reaction score
In your market settings there is a check box for downloading over wifi only...make sure that box is not checked...

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also, data saver.

homescreen, menu key, settings, battery and data manager, data, uncheck the box on top.

OP
N

Namaste777

Reaction score
Ok, so data saver was the reason for the market problem. I have unlimited data so I don't need it on anyway. However, still can't send videos at all to anyone, any size. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

gling

Reaction score
However, still can't send videos at all to anyone, any size. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

What size are the videos and what method are you using to send?
I took a 40 second video in 720p and it ended up over 50mb. Even with the resolution down to 640 or 320 the file size can get pretty large and too much for some email. As I like to record in higher quality, I've been using the Quick Upload feature in the library to send them to Picasa to be viewed or "share" them via YouTube. You can make them private or unlisted and only people you send the link to can view them.

OP
N

Namaste777

Reaction score
I've tried everything from Gmail to yahoo and yahoo has a Max of 20 MB Gmail is way less. So yeah, in HD a 30 second video is right at 60 MB. So I can share through YouTube? Does it take a long time to process? Thanks.

Deron

Reaction score
Another option is via Dropbox. The Dropbox app is free and signing up with Dropbox gives you 250 mb free storage in their cloud. And Dropbox integrates flawlessly with many other apps on the phone, including the Gallery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

gling

Reaction score
I've tried everything from Gmail to yahoo and yahoo has a Max of 20 MB Gmail is way less. So yeah, in HD a 30 second video is right at 60 MB. So I can share through YouTube? Does it take a long time to process? Thanks.

My 50mb file took a few minutes to upload (over wifi) but once up you have a high quality video to share via a link.
Also agree with Deron that Dropbox is another excellent alternative.