razr maxx rom

irish4778

Reaction score
Hey what's up had a question I'm new to the whole rooting hacking thing I rooted me razr maxx and got from manager last time I rooted DROID incredible and downloaded rom from rom manager and they installed themselves tried with the razr and for some reason it didn't work can anyone help me with getting ics rom on my razr maxx

OP
I

irish4778

Reaction score
razr maxx

New to the whole root thing can anyone help me get ics on razr maxx i rooted phone and have rom manager but can't figure out how go get ics leak or rom on phone

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hey what's up had a question I'm new to the whole rooting hacking thing I rooted me razr maxx and got from manager last time I rooted DROID incredible and downloaded rom from rom manager and they installed themselves tried with the razr and for some reason it didn't work can anyone help me with getting ics rom on my razr maxx
Go to droidrzr.com. There is an extensive list of ROMs available for the Razr, ROMs based on .173 or .181. (Gingerbread 6.12.XXX). There are also some ICS leaks that are "truely" ICS based, but be careful not to download an ICS leak that takes you off the upgrade path. There are a number of ICS leaks that if installed will keep you stuck on that leaked build...maybe forever...no way to go back to Gingerbread at this time. The .75 and .79 builds are based on ICS and are safe in that you can fastboot back to Gingerbread. All ROMs have installation instructions written by the developer...follow the developer's instructions to a "T". Not following the instructions could mean a bricked phone.

OP
I

irish4778

Reaction score
Would u have any links to the ics leak that I can download I wanna make sure I get the right one don't want to not be able to get the actual ics update when it comes out

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Would u have any links to the ics leak that I can download I wanna make sure I get the right one don't want to not be able to get the actual ics update when it comes out
Go to this web site: droidrzr.com, then select Forums. In the forums there is a section clearly labled ROMs and one for Theme's. There is a thread that tells you what ROMs are available for 6.12.173/.181. Under the Development and Hacks section you will find the leaked versions of ICS. But again, the only "safe" ICS leaks are the 6.14.75/.79 builds. The others that you can find there, if installed, will get you stuck on that build...maybe for ever. There will be no going back to Gingerbread and no going forward to the official OTA to Ice Cream Sandwich...not at this time anyway.

studiorat

Reaction score
New to the whole root thing can anyone help me get ics on razr maxx i rooted phone and have rom manager but can't figure out how go get ics leak or rom on phone

I dont think rom manager works on the Razr, i know it didnt work on mine , i ended up using Bootstrap, it installs a recovery so you can still install roms the same way you have with CWM, go look for droid utility on this site and use that it will root, and also give you an option to install safestrap or bootstrap, plus an option to recover to stock incase you mess it up....then you can find your ICS Rom over at DroidRzr.com they have an extensive list of roms