Razr Maxx rendered inoperable for over 8 hours-frozen screen

SEABIFF

Reaction score
Last week my screen froze for eight hours - I'm farily certain I caused this but have not seen any posts to this effect. If it is a repeat and I should be looking for this on a previous thread I apologize-just let me know. Last week I was outside in the evening for about 4 hours; about 54 degrees; I was on the phone for the most part making calls. Upon coming in I dropped it on a hardwood floor. All the screen views disappeared (went completely blank)- homescreen froze - 90% of apps were gone i.e., Phone, Text, Contacts, etc. It showed the screens in the deck-card-like mode where all are fanned out when you press Home twice except four were completely blank. I couldn't do anything except turn it off and on - no reboot would work. I put it on some pillows and placed in a warm area where the vents would reach it in case frozen due to cold temp, 6 hours later, it was still frozen - about three hours thereafter on the way in after trying to make a call to no avail - without thinking, I placed it on a heated seat pressed next to me- m/b 15 mniutes...then just like that the screens returned and all functions reappeared - no apps were missing and everything works like before. Has anyone had this happen? Did you replace it or keep it and were there any repeats like this? I will not expose to cold weather again; although 54 is really not cold; I will try to not drop again -- it was disturbing that it was rendered inoperable for over 8 hours. Is replacing recommended?

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
There is a simulated battery pull, hold power and volume down until the phone shuts off. Then let go and it will turn itself back on. This is the same as pulling the battery on other phones. I've had to use it when the pos Facebook app froze my phone.

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
The "cold weather" had nothing to do with the problem. Just like you said, 54 degrees isn't that cold. I've had my phone in a backpack in sub zero weather for days at a time and it was just fine. Heat is much worse on phones than cold. It was the drop that gave your phone a concussion. Glad it came back to life. The simulated battery pull is a good trick to remember. As long as it works fine now, I wouldn't even think of replacing it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thanks much - good to know how to handlle next time.

Absolutely. Just pass it along to any new users that you know. ;)

sirfunbear

Reaction score
94lt1,

Thanks for this information. It helped me "revive" my phone. This is information that everyone should know.

There is a simulated battery pull, hold power and volume down until the phone shuts off. Then let go and it will turn itself back on. This is the same as pulling the battery on other phones. I've had to use it when the pos Facebook app froze my phone.