incredible 2 wont go past white HTC screen

amerpwr

Reaction score
i was watching videos on my phone last night when screen went black. the buttons at the bottom of the phone were still lit up so i know it was still on but it was frozen. i took the battery off and replaced it and when i powered it on, it only made it to the white HTC logo screen. only "HTC" shows up not the "quietly brilliant" and it just sits there. i did this mulitple times with the same result. finally i let it go to this screen and let it sit on the charger for a few hours and no progress. this morning i did the battery remove a few times and it finally made it to the red triangle with red exclamation point. i tried the boot menu thing and did factory reset but it turns off after like a sec or so of reset. from a few things i read and a similar problem with my laptop is that im thinking it could be that my phone was doing an OS update and just happend to freeze during this and now my phone is left without a working OS. also just a warning to laptop users, make sure not to close your laptop during a windows update because it can leave windows inoperable lol thanks in advance for any help

UPDATE: well now my phone wont turn on at all after i tried to trade batteries with my wife's phone. i guess im going to best buy today to send this one away and get my third phone this year

cheryl45

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my incredible 2 I called Verizon and they sent me another phone thank god I got total equipment coverage

Sent from my AT100 using DroidForums