razr maxx flicker screen

dgustavson

Reaction score
I've lived with the RAZR MAXX screen flicker phenomenon for months, now. It used to happen when the phone was cold, but would go away after a few minutes of use, or I could warm it up for a few seconds with my hands and it would stop. It got progressively more and more difficult to make it stop, until finally, it was just there all the time, no matter what I did.

Day before yesterday, I finally called Verizon, and described the problem. Since I'd bought the phone new in April, 2012, it was still under warranty. I FDR'd the phone the night before, so I was able to skip that step with the Verizon rep. She asked me a bunch of questions to make sure the problem was what I said it was, so that I wouldn't get a surprise bill after they inspected it, then she put in an order for a replacement. One day later (yesterday), a "like new" refurb arrived at my house, complete with return postage for my old phone already paid. I'm now back up and running on what looks, feels, and acts like a brand new phone, with no flickering screen. Restoration of apps and contacts was virtually painless (THANK YOU, Google contacts), and the defective phone is already on its way back to the factory. One day, and no $$ for anything. I know people have had experiences with Verizon that span the continuum of customer satisfaction, but I'm a fan. This was done right.