Razr Maxx Screen Problem

dlfjr1

Reaction score
I turned my RAZR Maxx on and the screen has a greenish hue to it and only half the screen works. It ultimately just fades straight to black with about the bottom third of the screen on.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sounds like you better call vzw.... sorry I don't know what else to tell you to try. Did the phone get hot/ wet/ dropped??

Unless someone else has had experience with this... idk.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
D

dlfjr1

Reaction score
Screen Problem

About 3 weeks ago, I spilled a drink on it. It has been fine up until today. Right after it happened, I placed it in rice. Could it take 3 weeks to affect it. I have the insurance on it, should I try through VZW or just use the insurance with the $100 deductible.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
About 3 weeks ago, I spilled a drink on it. It has been fine up until today. Right after it happened, I placed it in rice. Could it take 3 weeks to affect it. I have the insurance on it, should I try through VZW or just use the insurance with the $100 deductible.

What kind of drink??? Though I've not heard it mentioned on here, a liquid such as soda, or pop, depending on where you're from, alcohol, any liquid really that contains sugar, natural or otherwise, once spilled on your device, is a ticking time bomb. Yes the liquid may get dried out, but the sugars stay inside the device...

.. if you got it wet with anything..... IMHO, honesty is your best bet, call assurion and get it warrantied. They can tell when you get a phone wet.... though they are supposed to be water resistant.... sugar and other things in the liquid... can and will eventually kill it.

Saw a guy spill some whiskey in his bass amp once.... he shut it off.. dried it out. But the sugars that stayed inside the electronics.... shorted out the board as soon as he powered it back on.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

The failure could be related to the spill or it could be completely unrelated. My guess is it's unrelated because and remnants of the moisture are long gone. Try it through Verizon if you wish but there is the risk they will find the moisture detectors indicate it's been wet and they may deny your coverage. Using the insurance is an option but the deductible is a bummer. Still they can't turn it down.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

arareruby

Reaction score
I turned my RAZR Maxx on and the screen has a greenish hue to it and only half the screen works. It ultimately just fades straight to black with about the bottom third of the screen on.

I have this exact same problem with my screen! someone tried to grab the phone from my hand and the screen went green with bottom half working then fades to black. Were you able to get it fixed?

beemer

Reaction score
I am having the same issue, half the screen will turn purplish with the other half black. It started when the phone docked to the HD dock and now it just now happened undocked. It has not been wet and I replaced the dock yesterday. Do I need to return it? Thanks!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah if you haven't spilled on it or dropped it, then i'd return it... definitely..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

beemer

Reaction score
Thanks - I cleared my cache and no problems with screen so far, will give it a few days to see if problem resolved, if not I will try a hard reset. Trying to resolve issue before returning it. We'll see what happens!

arareruby

Reaction score
I had to return mine - the screen is broken on the inside and a reset does nothing for that. :(

beemer

Reaction score
It's back - screen started acting up this morning while docked. Did not think clearing cache would work and doubt if factory reset will work, so will return and exchange it. Thanks!