RAZR M not showing up when I connect it to my Mac

ScottyChocolate

Reaction score
I am using Mac OS X 10.6.8. When I connect to my Mac with USB I know it recognizes the connection because it does charge the phone and it also launches (the very crappy) Backup Assistant Pro. I have turned on 'USB debugging' and 'Allow mock locations'. I have done my best to remove all remnants of BAP on my Mac. When I plug in my phone, a task bar icon appears that gives me the option 'When device connects' to either 'Launch Backup Assistant Plus' or 'Do Nothing'. I have tried to connect as 'Mass Storage' 'Media Device' and 'Camera'. I just want the phone to get mounted as a USB device so I can easily transfer media between my phone and my Mac. This was not an issue with my Droid 2. Is Backup Assistant Pro throwing a wrench in the works before my Mac can properly mount it? Verizon store employee and Verizon tech support employee proved useless and simply told me to go ask Motorola.

OP
S

ScottyChocolate

Reaction score
I am using Mac OS X 10.6.8. When I connect to my Mac with USB I know it recognizes the connection because it does charge the phone and it also launches (the very crappy) Backup Assistant Pro. I have turned on 'USB debugging' and 'Allow mock locations'. I have done my best to remove all remnants of BAP on my Mac. When I plug in my phone, a task bar icon appears that gives me the option 'When device connects' to either 'Launch Backup Assistant Plus' or 'Do Nothing'. I have tried to connect as 'Mass Storage' 'Media Device' and 'Camera'. I just want the phone to get mounted as a USB device so I can easily transfer media between my phone and my Mac. This was not an issue with my Droid 2. Is Backup Assistant Pro throwing a wrench in the works before my Mac can properly mount it? Verizon store employee and Verizon tech support employee proved useless and simply told me to go ask Motorola.

Reaction score
I have had the same issue with my phone and mac as well! My OG razr refused to show up at all on my mac, it would charge, but as for getting music and pictures...good luck. Turns out it's a computer/phone drivers update. If you go on Motorola, which I will provide for you! It should give you the drivers you need :D
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_detail/a_id/89608/p/30,6720,8577

Also, another quick solution to transfer music is by using dropbox, which is free off of google's marketplace! It's a super easy storage department so you can add music/pics/files- a whole lot! Here's the link for that too, best of luck!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ndroid&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd