downloading photos from Droid to Mac

cjohngraham

Reaction score
Hopefully this tip will help someone. After having no success with Android File Transfer (did not recognize device), Motorola Device Manager, and AirDroid (sent corrupted files), I was finally successful in transferring photos from my Motorola Droid HD to my iMac. First, connect the phone with a USB cable. Then use the main pulldown menu on the Droid (just pull down from the top of the screen) to determine the mode of computer connection. If "Camera" is checked, change it to "Media device." Then open Android File Transfer. Click "Internal Storage" at the top of the window, then open the "Camera" folder under the "DCIM" folder. It may take a while for the photos to appear in the Camera folder. Once they do, drag them to your Desktop or a folder on your Mac.

celandinecollins

Reaction score
If you use your cord. Look at the top of the Android screen where you will see an icon showing the USB. Slide your finger down so you see USB connection and press. Change it to Windows Media Sync. Click OK. If you don't want anything to happen, change it back to Charge Only when you are through.

This may allow Photo or Finder to find your photos. If Not, I've sometimes had to restart the Mac. Use Import on photos. Sometimes it will show the Droid when the Finder won't. Use Android Manager to downloading photo from Android to Mac, this method is more easily.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I have used AFT numerous times and yes it must be in Camera Mode. I'm glad you got it resolved and thanks for sharing the process.