razr into razr maxx

Ksupernor2

Reaction score
Ok. Now I have a problem....... I have not seen 4g since I did the conversion. I live in a 4g area. I did a fdr and still no 4g. 3g us strong and everything else is Ok... Any ideas?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Ksupernor2 said:
Ok. Now I have a problem....... I have not seen 4g since I did the conversion. I live in a 4g area. I did a fdr and still no 4g. 3g us strong and everything else is Ok... Any ideas?

Have you checked with anyone else just to make sure 4g isn't down in your area before you do anything desperate. Also, have you checked your settings that you are on lte/cdma

Ksupernor2

Reaction score
I made sure my settings were right. I also have a different number for a hotspot, and I'm getting 4g on that. I did a fdr and no change. I'm wondering it I screwed something up when I did the conversion

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Ksupernor2 said:
I made sure my settings were right. I also have a different number for a hotspot, and I'm getting 4g on that. I did a fdr and no change. I'm wondering it I screwed something up when I did the conversion

I suppose it is possible. Hopefully you cab get some feedback from someone who has actually taken RAZR's apart. I have not, so i would be little help beyond speculation

Ksupernor2

Reaction score
I figured it out. The cell phone repair shop sent my a back housing with out The 4g lte antenna. I took the phone a part and compared the original back housing to the new maxx back housing and wouldn't ya know the antenna isn't on the new housing. I installed the original back housing and bingo, I now have 4g. I tried calling the cell phone repair shop and no answer. I not really happy. Now I have a big battery and no 4g........

joshxdroid

Reaction score
That's pretty lame. I hope they will send you a new back. Are they in San Francisco? I had a very bad experience with trying to get a replacement to a defective digitizer from skystartrade/cellphone repair shop in San Francisco.