razr to razr maxx conversion

paul7602

Reaction score
i am proud to say i found a cheap cracked screen maxx for sale and with very little experience i have converted my razr to the maxx and everything is working and was quite easy to do ! i watched one tear down video on you tube and now im charger free !! dont let it scare you its pretty east to do !!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
good job.. you take pics of the process?

Hail

Reaction score
I don't believe it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using DroidForums

OP
paul7602

paul7602

Reaction score
No i wish i had but both phones had to be turned off and i was in a zone keeping up with where all the screws go! ! Lol

Ill post pics tonight with my razr maxx and the razr screen the ear piece on the maxx is black and the razr is a brushed look !!

Last edited:

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just have to wonder which is easier between a screen replacement and a battery swap.

----posted maxx'ed out----

OP
paul7602

paul7602

Reaction score
Just have to wonder which is easier between a screen replacement and a battery swap.

----posted maxx'ed out----[/QUes

The battery swap was surprisingly easy to do! The screen was glued or taped to the motherboard pretty good but I'm looking for a bad esn RAZR to fix my screen! I will take pics of that process! I have another maxx on the way I'm gonna maxx out my girls RAZR too and pics for sure! Everything works great! Im a very heavy user data and calls still didn't charge the phone til I was on my way home from work yesterday! ! Finding the parts are harder than finding a busted maxx