1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

razr into razr maxx

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by hayn, Sep 7, 2012.

1. hayn

hayn New Member

Did anyone convert their RAZR into the maxx?
  2. joshxdroid

joshxdroid New Member

I was considering it. But you could probably just sell your RAZR on Ebay for $250 and buy a Maxx for $350. That's cheaper than the conversion kit without the work and chance you screw it up
  3. hayn

hayn New Member

True, just was thinking the same thing.
  4. joshxdroid

joshxdroid New Member

I don't know why the conversion kits are so much. It seems like they should be less than $50 it's just a battery and the phone back
  5. hayn

hayn New Member

Yea I know it should be at the most $70 that's it.
  6. lloydstrans

lloydstrans Well-Known Member

Exactly what I did, Craigslist, bought the Maxx for 300 but sold my RAZR to a friend for 100, could of listed mine and probably could of nearly broke even.
  7. omnicom

omnicom New Member

The Kits are not really expensive if you think about it. Just the Motorola EB40 battery by itself goes for $50 to $60. Depending on what part you get with the kit, you are at a minimum getting a battery, adhesive, back housing and battery cover. If these parts are OEM which is what most of us prefer you are right there at around $100+.

I upgraded mine and absolutely love it. Upgrade Droid Razr to Razr Maxx. I would highly recommend it.
  8. Ksupernor2

Ksupernor2 New Member

I just order the kitchen since they dropped the price a little bit. Any tips for install?
  9. Ksupernor2

Ksupernor2 New Member

I just ordered the kit. Not kitchen.....
  10. tomatofoot

tomatofoot New Member

I've been thinking of doin this. Website says can mail in or dropoff phone and they will do conversion. Maybe a early Christmas present to me....

Sent from my stock DROID RAZR
  11. joshxdroid

joshxdroid New Member

I also recently noticed the price drop. That might force me to do this. :)
  12. Ksupernor2

Ksupernor2 New Member

Well I ordered the conversion kit on Saturday and received it today. It took about 30-45 minutes to install. Install was pretty simple. Time to foxkat and enjoy longer battery life!
  13. joshxdroid

joshxdroid New Member

Nice work! Glad it went smoothly. Did you order all the extra parts? Or just the basic kit?
  14. Ksupernor2

Ksupernor2 New Member

Thanks... Yeah. I got the maxx black chassis off ebay for 24.95. I definitely think it was worth it. It was a really easy installation not having to grind down the original chassis.

RAZR MAXX
  15. Reiles

Reiles Premium Member Premium Member

I recently purchased this conversion kit as well. I was lucky enough to have a water logged Razr to experiment on before cracking open my functional phone.

Some tips?

-Buy a plastic pry tool - the one supplied by iSesamo was steel and made small scrapes in the side of the phone chassis.

-Spend the money on the RAZR MAXX Black Internal Metal Chassis PCB Bracket - I used a Dremel drill to shave down my Razr bracket. When you shave down the bracket you need to check to see if your bracket fits back into the phone chassis. I had to check about 4 times, each time you must use the pry tool on the side of you phone, increasing the chance of snapping your bracket or scratching your phone or shorting out your motherboard.

-If you had any accessories for your Razr like I did, Case, HD Dock, Car Dock. Understand that these will no longer fit your Razr Maxx adding to the increase in cost immediately.

-You must have T3 and T5 screw drivers.

-If you don't buy the recommended bracket for $26.95, you must have a Dremel drill or something similar.

-Be VERY careful removing the speaker from the old back bracket, I shoved my flat head screwdriver right through the thin cellophane ruining the speaker all together.

-Use a soldering iron to heat up the plastic pegs securing the flash before removing it.

-Watch this video, all of it.

The end result was a converted Razr that is slightly heavier, slightly larger, but holds a charge for my entire day with heavy usage. As long as you figure your costs into this conversion and have steady hands to complete it, I would recommend it.
  16. Ksupernor2

Ksupernor2 New Member

Ok. Now I have a problem....... I have not seen 4g since I did the conversion. I live in a 4g area. I did a fdr and still no 4g. 3g us strong and everything else is Ok... Any ideas?
  17. joshxdroid

joshxdroid New Member

Have you checked with anyone else just to make sure 4g isn't down in your area before you do anything desperate. Also, have you checked your settings that you are on lte/cdma
  18. Ksupernor2

Ksupernor2 New Member

I made sure my settings were right. I also have a different number for a hotspot, and I'm getting 4g on that. I did a fdr and no change. I'm wondering it I screwed something up when I did the conversion
  19. joshxdroid

joshxdroid New Member

I suppose it is possible. Hopefully you cab get some feedback from someone who has actually taken RAZR's apart. I have not, so i would be little help beyond speculation
  20. Ksupernor2

Ksupernor2 New Member

Still no 4g. Is there a separate antenna for 4g? I'm still confused about this...........
Search tags for this page

increase razr maxx antenna

motorola eb40 battery