Razr hardware key app/mod???

kw0x57

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app that would allow me to wake up/power on the screen when it's off???

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Can you elaborate further as to what you are wanting. I can't imagine anything easier than pressing the power button on the side of the phone to bring the screen on.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Does anyone know of an app that would allow me to wake up/power on the screen when it's off???

AutomateIt can be used like Smart Actions to trigger events, and I believe "Wake" is an option, but I'm going from memory and I have terrible short term memory.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

OP
kw0x57

kw0x57

Reaction score
Thanks Fox...I'll give it a look.

OP
kw0x57

kw0x57

Reaction score
@sydman That's just it. I don't want to wear down the power button due to constant screen power-on.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
@sydman That's just it. I don't want to wear down the power button due to constant screen power-on.

Cool makes sense, I was just a little unclear about what you were looking for. Did that program that FoxKat recommended work for you?

OP
kw0x57

kw0x57

Reaction score
@sydman: it did not work... not to mention the app; is not the friendliest. It refers users to download the user manual from the dev's homepage. Would u have any additional suggestions?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
@sydman: it did not work... not to mention the app; is not the friendliest. It refers users to download the user manual from the dev's homepage. Would u have any additional suggestions?
An app called No Lock worked on GB. It disables screen lock and you could wake your screen by pressing either the volume up or volume down buttons.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well this will only work for one of your situations, but I use GoSMS and it has an option to wake your screen when you get a text message. It is a fantastic messaging APP, I enjoy using it over the stock, and that would be once less time you have to press the power button.

OP
kw0x57

kw0x57

Reaction score
Finally found one called Tap Tap App... it uses the proximity sensor. Seems to be working fine so far. Thanks everyone for the feedback!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Finally found one called Tap Tap App... it uses the proximity sensor. Seems to be working fine so far. Thanks everyone for the feedback!!!

Well that is certainly a creative use of the proximity sensor! I tried it and it works. It's a little picky...you have to be pretty specific about where you tap and pretty distinct in your taps, but it works! There it's a sensitivity setting and I did move it to the middle sensitivity setting from the default least sensitive, but didn't try the easy position test.

An excellent find!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.