RAZR for Penny OR wait for Galaxy Nexus?

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
You have to keep both service and phone on the line you purchased the phone on for 181 days.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
Yeah , this is what I gathered from my research also.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Razr's a fine phone, but seems like you have a little doubt in your mind about the purchase. The cost will fade away eventually, but you'll still have the phone. I'd say go with the phone you want, not the one with the best deal.

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
The Razr's a fine phone, but seems like you have a little doubt in your mind about the purchase. The cost will fade away eventually, but you'll still have the phone. I'd say go with the phone you want, not the one with the best deal.
Good Point.

I was at an Authorized Agent today and got my hands on the Razr. It definitely felt like a quality phone. I compared the thickness to my phone, Droid X. I felt the like the Razr was noticably thinner, but not by all that much IMO.

If the "Amazon Penny Deal" was for upgrades I would have probably already made the move for the Razr. But since its not, it allows me to keep some clarity, resulting in me making a more educated decision; thus leading to, hopefully, more patience for the nexus.

Thanks for everyones input so far. :)

actionfreak

Reaction score
I have an individual account and the contract is up on Dec 29. Verizon says I can cancel the account for $130. I am going to purchase three phones before Christmas in a family plan. Does anyone know of a reason that would prohibit me from cancelling my existing account and getting the three new phones in the penny pincher deal?

I really want to wait for the Galaxy Nexus but this deal is really good for someone purchasing multiple new phones. Maybe I could possibly return one of the phones for the Galaxy Nexus if it comes out in time?

actionfreak

Reaction score
I called Amazon and they said they can't add lines to an existing account. They also said that Verizon does not consider someone a new customer until they have been away for 60 days.

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
I called Amazon and they said they can't add lines to an existing account. They also said that Verizon does not consider someone a new customer until they have been away for 60 days.
So you would have to have someone else put the contracts in their name. Then after 60 days open new accounts and move lines to your accounts. ?

Gmansurge

Reaction score
Seems to me that loyal customers should get a good deal too, but that's not the way Verizon thinks.
This Razr is a great phone, ICS update is scheduled for the first quarter of next year. Motorola upgraded the OS on the X a couple of times. So Moto has a good record for updates. I didn't hesitate, waiting for the Nexus, and like what I have.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
Seems to me that loyal customers should get a good deal too, but that's not the way Verizon thinks.
This Razr is a great phone, ICS update is scheduled for the first quarter of next year. Motorola upgraded the OS on the X a couple of times. So Moto has a good record for updates. I didn't hesitate, waiting for the Nexus, and like what I have.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
I think I am with you. I will wait and see what happens with the nexus. My X has been doing great, honestly its hard to imagine a phone being that much better... but as always, technology improves. .......... I am wondering what their price is going to be like. i think it will start at 299 on verizon, but couple weeks later it will be around 230. In fact, the razr has been only out for a couple weeks, and there is one company selling them for 219.$ ..... Thats not a bad price.

cheers

actionfreak

Reaction score
I called Verizon back and they were able to convert my individual account to a family account even though there is only one phone. I was then able to order two Razrs through amazon with the penny pincher deal. The Rezounds are now back ordered for 1 to 2 months. Now I just need to get a phone for me... Probably the galaxy nexus.

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
I called Verizon back and they were able to convert my individual account to a family account even though there is only one phone. I was then able to order two Razrs through amazon with the penny pincher deal. The Rezounds are now back ordered for 1 to 2 months. Now I just need to get a phone for me... Probably the galaxy nexus.
That sounds great actionfreak! glad you got the awesome deal on your phones. I was close there too , in pulling the trigger. I decided I would just renew my line when the Galaxy comes out. Unless it takes too long and the Razr drops in price anymore. .... Amazon has the Razr for $199 (2year extension) right now. My resistance is becoming weaker. lol