Razr doing things on its own

megraven21

Reaction score
In the last month or so, my phone has started doing things on its own. Example, when I am playing angry birds, it will pause all in it's own or when I pull the bird one way and not have let go yet, it will release the opposite way. I have tried more than one AB game to see if its the app, itself but its not. The video freezes in the middle of games too, the sound still works but the video freezes for 4-5 seconds. That happens on any game, world of goo, angry birds, everything. Also, when I type a space, my keyboard registers a P or if I hit backspace, it will scroll up on the email I am typing & place the cursor somewhere else.

I just got a replacement phone because the first one was power cycling all by itself and I was hoping that would fix it but it didn't. I mentioned it to verizon but they are worthless, as usual. I just got the new phone 3 days ago & only installed a few free apps, trusted apps, so I find it hard to believe that its because of them.

Anyone have ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

rdgxray

Reaction score
When I play angry birds the same thing happens as you describe occasionally. I usually reboot phone or shut the game off and use task manager to kill everything in memory. Not sure why it happens ...probably data updating in the background. Every phone has glitches ...mini computers ...every computer I have ever owned locks up or acts weird...usually a reboot fixes it...you just have to decide if it is a deal breaker or not...pretty happy with my phone..angry birds acting strange occasionally is not a big issue...it rebooted in the middle of a call the other day...that bothered me...but it only happened once...most the time works fine

OP
M

megraven21

Reaction score
I had the bionic first and it never did this. What I am more concerned about is that I thought maybe I downloaded an app from the market with some kind of malware or virus. If my computer were doing things on its own like that, I am sure it wouldn't be because of a glitch. I know these phones are like computers, I tell my droid-sceptic friends that all the time. But this just seems strange and rather annoying.

rdgxray

Reaction score
I agree Meg...it is a problem...if it happened on my computer I would think the program itself is buggy...I think it just has some issue that occurs on some razrs and bionics...I own a bionic also and I think it happened once in awhile on it also...other people have reported similar experiences with other games...sounds like some problem between blur and these games...sometimes I play for hours trouble free...hopefully an ota update will fix or improve it

Zandar

Reaction score
I haven't had this issue on my RAZR, so it's not universal. Can't think of what it might be other than some apps misbehaving.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Angry birds has been acting funny since the last update. I don't have it on my MAXX..... but it was acting weird on my Bionic.

sent from my RAZR MAXX