Razr 16 gb vs. Razr 32gb

pinoy_92

Reaction score
they have a white model in the store near me.

extra $100 for an extra 16gb storage.. amazing..

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
I got the storm trooper version online week before Xmas. 16gb internal 16gb SD card pre installed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mistie15

Reaction score
I have the $50 discount and the website shows it applied to the 32GB but not the 16GB :frown: Any idea why?

Greeny

Reaction score
The day before yesterday, my brother was ready to pull the trigger for the 16GB version and when he went to the Verizon page, "poof", it was gone. I did a search on the page and found the phone, but it said "item unavailable due to low inventory". But today it is back up on the page for sale for $199. It does say it is a presale item, just as it did the first time I saw it on Verizons web page. Go figure.

mcsoul

Reaction score
I just picked up the 16g version at Costco, they threw in an hdmi HD dock and an hdmi cable and a couple chargers. I migrated form an LG ENV Touch and it seems to use the same chargers too, which is nice. The 16g Razor does have an SD slot and I have a 32gb one in it right now.

Does anyone know what "class" the internal flash is? I was thinking it may be better to record 720p or 1080p video to the faster media. I guess I could just drop a large file on each and time it.

GardenGal

Reaction score
Yeah it is confusing. I'm getting ready to purchase the Razr 16 gb and noticed the 32gb. I think the 16gb will work just fine for me. I get a $50.00 discount and if its $199. thats a good price!!!

I just purchased the 16 gb yesterday and when I got it out of the box, I discovered that it doesn't even have a slot for an SD card, so memory is def a factor. I was pissed, to say the least, since nowhere did it say in the promos online or in the paperwork that came with it that you can't use an SD card to expand memory. When I asked if an SD card came with this phone, the answer was simply "No." I didn't even think to ask if there was a slot. I don't know what to do now. :-(

HookEmHornsUT

Reaction score
I have the 16 gig and it does have an SD slot. It is in the same port on the left side as the sim card. I installed a 32gig card today works perfectly.

GardenGal

Reaction score
I have the 16 gig and it does have an SD slot. It is in the same port on the left side as the sim card. I installed a 32gig card today works perfectly.

I'm going back to the store with this tomorrow. I talked with customer care today at Verizon and they told me it should have it. They thought I was an idiot and sent me a to a tech site with a close up photo of the slot in case I didn't recognize it, I suppose. I sure don't have one on my phone.

HookEmHornsUT

Reaction score
On the left side of the phone there is a flap that pops open. You can install one there.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
What I don't understand is how approx double the battery can give you sooooo much more talk time? 750 min vs over 21 hours? Does the screen on make that much of a difference? So for things where you use the screen (email/text/forums/web, etc.) you would presumably get "only" twice the time? Personally, actually talking is the thing I do least on my phone so that's the statistic that means the least to me. But it is impressive looking.
View attachment 46009

In a word, yes. The display is usually the top or second on the list for battery use so it stands to reason that if you eliminate that power hog (considering it will be off during the entire phone call), then you get to spread that unused power over a longer timeframe with the less power-hungry cellular radio instead.

Anything that draws current slow will always get greater time of operation out of a battery of this type. When you pull current fast, it generates more heat as many already know. Heat is energy being wasted so even though it has 3,300 mAh which is less than double the RAZR, the additional 1,520mAh will yield considerably more low current drain time since less energy goes out in the form of heat.

Finally, 750 minutes is 12.5 hours so it's the difference between 12.5 hours and 21.5, or 9 more hours.

Reaction score
Yea my fiance has the 16 gb in purple and its the same thing as a 32gb razr just u lose geting an extra16gb. But she has a 32 gb sd card from her old Droid charge she loves it and will never go back. It would be cheaper to buy a 32 gb sd card off ebay.

Reaction score
Eh the maxx doesn't impress me much my razr gets 17 hours on 1 charge medium use.