Razr 16 gb vs. Razr 32gb

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
If you look on the Verizon website at the phones it offers the Razr (not the Maxx) in 16 gb or 32gb. The price for 16 gb is $199 and the price for 32gb is $299.
We all have the 16gb Razr. The 32gb Razr (Razr Maxx) has not been released yet.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
If you look on the Verizon website at the phones it offers the Razr (not the Maxx) in 16 gb or 32gb. The price for 16 gb is $199 and the price for 32gb is $299.
I just looked on the Verizon site and you're right, but I'm not sure what the REAL difference is. The original Razr had 16gb of internal (8gb for system and apps and 8gb for media storage plus a 16gb sdcard). I guess they have configured the 32gb Razr in a manner that all 16 gb internal memory is accessible to the user + a 16gb external sdcard. It is confusing.

surge

Reaction score
The Maxx will have 32MB Ram and a larger capacity battery for the same price.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Yeah it is confusing. I'm getting ready to purchase the Razr 16 gb and noticed the 32gb. I think the 16gb will work just fine for me. I get a $50.00 discount and if its $199. thats a good price!!!
I just looked on the Verizon site and you're right, but I'm not sure what the REAL difference is. The original Razr had 16gb of internal (8gb for system and apps and 8gb for media storage plus a 16gb sdcard). I guess they have configured the 32gb Razr in a manner that all 16 gb internal memory is accessible to the user + a 16gb external sdcard. It is confusing.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Hey you're right! Woo Hoo three choices now, 16gb, 32gb, or maxx! (plus colors)

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Yeah it is confusing. I'm getting ready to purchase the Razr 16 gb and noticed the 32gb. I think the 16gb will work just fine for me. I get a $50.00 discount and if its $199. thats a good price!!!
$199 is a good price. The Razr when first released went for $299 with contract. I don't know what sleezy marketing scheme Motorola has come up with but it is sure confusing the owners/customers. They released a great phone in the Razr, then they go and "play with words and definitions" to make the consumer think there is a significant change in the phone...without an explantion from Motorola, my opinion of Motorola may sinked a notch. I don't think that will keep Motorola executives awake at night though :biggrin:

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
The Maxx will be $199 or $299?
The Maxx will have 32MB Ram and a larger capacity battery for the same price.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Oh ok thats what I thought. With all this talk about data dropping, I dont know if I should just wait or make my purchase now. I certainly want a phone that has data.
I think you can bet on $299.

R

RETG

How can I help you today?

I think what they are saying is that the 16gb does not have the external 16gb SD card. Open each and read the descriptions under memory:
32gb - 16GB internal memory + 16GB microSD card preinstalled
16gb - 16GB internal memory (and not available, yet)

For those of use who already have 16gb or larger SD cards from other sources; might be a good deal. Especially when considering the price of a Scandisk micro SD is a heck of a lot cheaper than 100 bucks.

SallyC

Reaction score

I think what they are saying is that the 16gb does not have the external 16gb SD card. Open each and read the descriptions under memory:

For those of use who already have 16gb or larger SD cards from other sources; might be a good deal. Especially when considering the price of a Scandisk micro SD is a heck of a lot cheaper than 100 bucks.

That's what I'm seeing too. And I agree, I would have liked the option to buy without the 16 gb card as the first thing I did was replace it with a 32 gb card.

What I don't understand is how approx double the battery can give you sooooo much more talk time? 750 min vs over 21 hours? Does the screen on make that much of a difference? So for things where you use the screen (email/text/forums/web, etc.) you would presumably get "only" twice the time? Personally, actually talking is the thing I do least on my phone so that's the statistic that means the least to me. But it is impressive looking.
Capture.JPG

It makes me wonder too about what a bargain the non-Maxx is going to be as they drop the price. I can easily get 12+ hrs with moderate use (using Juice Defender Ultimate) and for less than $30 I have the PowerGen 2900 mAh portable battery (complete with built in microUSB) if I think I'm going to need a "quick fix" some place. And 1780 + 2900 = 4680 or 1380 mAh more than I'd get with the Maxx. That's a meaningful difference.

Kinda makes me wonder if it's worth paying for the Maxx, at least for me.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Is there much difference in the Maxx vs. Razr other than the battery? Trying to keep up with Technology will have me broke, Lol....I just want to upgrade to a better phone than the Droid X. The Razr caught my attention. Have you experienced data dropping alot?
That's what I'm seeing too. And I agree, I would have liked the option to buy without the 16 gb card as the first thing I did was replace it with a 32 gb card.

What I don't understand is how approx double the battery can give you sooooo much more talk time? 750 min vs over 21 hours? Does the screen on make that much of a difference? So for things where you use the screen (email/text/forums/web, etc.) you would presumably get "only" twice the time? Personally, actually talking is the thing I do least on my phone so that's the statistic that means the least to me. But it is impressive looking.
View attachment 46009

It makes me wonder too about what a bargain the non-Maxx is going to be as they drop the price. I can easily get 12+ hrs with moderate use (using Juice Defender Ultimate) and for less than $30 I have the PowerGen 2900 mAh portable battery (complete with built in microUSB) if I think I'm going to need a "quick fix" some place. And 1780 + 2900 = 4680 or 1380 mAh more than I'd get with the Maxx. That's a meaningful difference.

Kinda makes me wonder if it's worth paying for the Maxx, at least for me.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

How can I help you today?

Ok, I see what you're saying. I didn't even consider they would "down grade" the Razr by taking away the 16GB sdcard. Heck...you can buy a 16GB card for a lot less than $100.00...you can get a 32GB card for less than $100.00 for that matter.