Randomly Can't Make a call - Network Busy?????

fingaz

Reaction score
Sometimes when i try to call someone, the phone rings and rings, then fails to connect. Phone beeps and I get this message:

network status:

Network Busy.Please try again later

"OK"

For the second time today, I was unable to call someone.

This afternoon, outside of work, I tried to call my roommate and was unable to connect. I tried a bunch of times and every time it kept ringing (about 10 times)... then the phone just stops trying to place a call and that message appears.

This happened this evening, for a second time. This time, I was on the phone with a friend, got a text message. Immediately after, the call disconnected. Tried to call them back and it failed to connect me, giving me the error message again.

The strange thing is that I can call other people, but when i go back and try to call my roommate, or my friend, again, the calls won't connect.

In each case, after a few minutes the person called me back and I was able to continue on with the conversation.

Has this happened to anyone?!?

-Again the message (in a dialogue box)said:

network status:

Network Busy.Please try again later

and then had an "OK" button that you had to press before going on to whatever.

*note: there was no space between the "Busy.Please"

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is a known issue with the Eris. droid "Network Busy.Please try again later" - Google Search

i looked through a few threads for you and it some of them look like they're about google voice. do you use that? here's what one person said....maybe even if you don't use google voice you can try this:

It turns out that the phone was adding a “+1″ before the number it was dialing.
The fix is simple though, just head to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications, then click on the “Dialer” app and then hit “Clear Data.”

OP
F

fingaz

Reaction score
Hmm... I searched the forum, but not google. Should have done that first.

I do have google voice, but do not make calls with it... I just use it for its voicemail-to-text feature.

Ill look through those search results and see what i can find. Thanks for the info!