Random, uninitiated selection of icons

dannan

Reaction score
Every time I turn my phone on, it starts to go crazy with selecting things on the home screen and the it's very hard to get to cooperate. I have to fight with it to get it to even turn off because no matter what I do, it's just randomly selecting things. My antivirus says it's clean so is it some kind of data corruption?

conacher

Reaction score
I was having the same problem with mine, except not just on the home page. I deleted my task killer last night like many of the people on here suggested in other threads, and after a little bit it stopped doing it. I don't know if deleting the task killer was what helped, or it fixed itself, but it seems to be working fine now.

OP
D

dannan

Reaction score
How long did it take for yours to stop doing it and was it off. I tried master reset and reformatting the phone (which took forever with a glitchy phone haha). Still doing it though

conacher

Reaction score
I deleted it, and it still did it for maybe an hour, although not nearly as bad as before, so i decided to turn it off and put it on the charger for the night, and it was perfectly fine the next day

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
As an addition to your screen glitches, are your phones rooted by chance?
If they are, I suggest paying for Titanium Backup pro root, this handy app allows you to freeze selected apps and software, but not deleting them. You can use this to check out what exactly is causing the screens of your phones to go crazy, and this app can help you isolate the problem, as well as wipe and delete offending system software and downloaded apps.
You can only perform all tasks with the paid app, the free version is great, but disabled for the 'good' stuff.
I used the free version, then decided to purchase it....NEVER looked back, this is one handy app to have on your phone.

You may also wish to do a Cache/Dalvik wipe on your phone, as well as your SD card, to rid the phone of the offending problem, many times a full reboot does the trick.
To perform a system reboot, you must power off the phone, open the keyboard, then press the 'X' button and hold it depressed as you power the phone back on, wait until you see the Motorola logo, then release the 'X' button.
Once that is done, press BOTH volume UP and DOWN buttons at the same time, you should see the recovery menu on screen, use the same buttons to select the operation you wish to perform, then tap the power button to activate that selection.....Next thing you need to do, is wait.