Issues with MP3 files on SD card...

SRHrider86

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have a small issue with my music app/widget. I use the stock player on the phone, as well as "pure music widget" on my home screen, and frequently, i'll go to the music app to select a playlist, and it will give me a notification that "Player does not support this type of media file". So I'll turn the phone off, turn it back on, and boom. Everythings back again. And then it's only a matter of time before I have to reboot the phone again because it will give me the same error. Usually happens once every 2 days or so. Suggestions? Thanks in advance. (Also, I'm NOT rooted.)

OP
S

SRHrider86

Reaction score
Seriously? 35 people viewed this and no one has any suggestions?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your not the first to say something about this. I think you ought to try one of the other music apps that's available in the Market.

If you continue to experience an issue then make sure you don't have any task killers or virus protection. If you don't have that your next step would probably be a Factory Data Reset.

Edit: Since I really don't use the music player I decided to at least turn mine on. I tried several songs. all played with no problem. I have a D2. Stock music app.

Last edited:
OP
S

SRHrider86

Reaction score
Awesome. I'll check out all of those options and see what happens. Greatly appreciated! Thank you!