random restart during youtube video playback....

zero7404

Reaction score
i think this is the second time my phone has rebooted itself, i'm not certain about the first time it happened since i wasn't paying much attention to it.

so i was watching a youtube video with wifi turned on....some 5 mins into the video the phone froze then blacked out and restarted....

come'on folks, is this what i left 3 years of blackberry use for ? seriously.....

who do you blame in all this, android, motorola, both ? i want to give android a chance to grow on me and one of the compelling reasons for buying this phone is that it's got an OS that's linux-based as well as being actively updated frequently by the Android developers.

i guess as it turns out, linux-based isn't even as good as other smartphone platforms out there, which is just a shame.

at this point, i think i've experienced more hickups/nuances with Android and the Droid in one month of usage than i have experienced in 1 year of using Blackberry OS. this is not the kind of behavior i'd expect from a $ 500 phone, especially considering the ingrown importance a mobile smartphone has in my personal life.

i wish that i don't wind up hating this phone and being stuck with for 1 year/11 months of service.....i want both the Android team as well as Motorola to hear about this.....and if i find that Motorola pushed out half-baked hardware just to bolster their revenue figures or keep the company afloat, i am sure i can think of some way to make a warranty claim directly with Motorola for a new device.