Random reboots on 1.0.1

mventura57

Reaction score
Every time I'm using the gps and get a phone call, the phone reboots like 15 min into the call. Tonight was the first time it got stuck on the boot image. Had to battery pull while driving. Running 1.0.1 with the latest Franco kernel. Any ideas on a reason?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Every time I'm using the gps and get a phone call, the phone reboots like 15 min into the call. Tonight was the first time it got stuck on the boot image. Had to battery pull while driving. Running 1.0.1 with the latest Franco kernel. Any ideas on a reason?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Unless this is a normal problem, or a ROM specific problem, then I would start guessing with kernel issues. What version is it? OC GPU? OC CPU? Undervolt? Change governor? Change scheduler? Not all of those options are stable for everyone.

Nick177th

Reaction score
Perhaps the phone was too hot. I haven't had this problem since My OG Droid but, I was told that the device has an internal safety mechanism too cut off if the device got overheated.

nleksan

Reaction score
I get this issue with the Browser... Since upgrading to 1.0.1 from 0.9.0 (full data wipe plus factory reset first; didn't wipe "Dalvik Cache" though, should I have?), I have been unable to open more than a couple browser tabs, and I lost half of my "performance settings" in both ROM Toolbox Pro and in GummyNex Performance Settings! So I don't have any control over my voltage!