RAM/ROM?Bring back my droid for the HTC INCREDIBLE or not necissary.

BrandonDroid

Reaction score
I know that this topic has been discussed. I searched, so please dont flame me! :) I bought a DROID on the 25th of March and am debating bringing it back for the HTC incredible if it comes out before 30 days is up. I absolutly love the droid on the ultimate droid 8.3 rom. Its really quick and awesome. My quesitons are as follows:

I know that the HTC Incredible has 500mb or so of RAM. But I never get down to zero on my droid and it seems really fast. Do you think that there is really ever going to be a time that we droid owners have so many things running at once that we would need more than the 256 we get? With the task killers it kinda seems to keep you fresh.
DOES ANYONE HAVE A SLOW DROID BECAUSE OF THE RAM?

My second question is the Rom space. I know that we have like 500mb and the HTC incredible has like a gig or something. I have about 190mb available now and have like 30 or so apps on my phone.
HAS ANYONE HAD TOO MANY APPS ON THEIR PHONE THAT MAXED OUT OUR 500MB?
HOW MANY APPS WILL IT TAKE TO FILL IT?

I just dont want to be stupid and in a year wish that I switched because my droid cant handle the apps I want to install or the amount I want to run.

What do you think and what are your experiences?
Should I get the Incredible for these reasons
Thanks in adnvance and I'm sorry that I'm a newb...... :)
Have a nicae day!
Brandon

GolfProRM

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about the memory space. Most apps dump their data to the SD card, so only the app is stored on the phone. Thus, you can install quite a few apps on your Droid. I've got close to 80, and still have over 100 MB of space on my Droid.

I wouldn't even fret about the decision until we actually see the HTC Incredible in the stores. If that happens before your 30 days, go in and play with it. If you like it better, you can switch.

Cajunfrys

Reaction score
Did it...

I bought my Droid on March 1st, and returned it last week to get the Nexus. A coworker got his Nexus today on Tmobile, paid a ton for it because he couldn't wait 2 months for his contract to expire and switch over to Verizon.

So I get to play with his, it is definitely awesome. Worth returning your Droid for.

My dilemma is what if the Incredible is mo betta then the Nexus :) I am now waiting to see which pops first!

Mikki

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
With the task killers it kinda seems to keep you fresh.
You should be "keeping fresh" without a task killer. If you find that you need a task killer then you need to address that faulty app that's responsible for your issue.

we have like 500mb and the HTC incredible has like a gig or something. I have about 190mb available now and have like 30 or so apps on my phone.
HAS ANYONE HAD TOO MANY APPS ON THEIR PHONE THAT MAXED OUT OUR 500MB?
HOW MANY APPS WILL IT TAKE TO FILL IT?
It's certainly possible to fill 256MB or even 512MB. There's no way to say how many apps that is. Apps aren't all the same size.

Please chill out on the caps/bold. We can read just fine without them.

I just dont want to be stupid and in a year wish that I switched because my droid cant handle the apps I want to install or the amount I want to run.

What do you think and what are your experiences?
Should I get the Incredible for these reasons
Thanks in adnvance and I'm sorry that I'm a newb...... :)
Look at your current usage and extrapolate. Another person's experiences aren't directly relevant unless they happen to follow patterns identical to yours. If you're going to go hog wild and download everything out there without deleting any apps then by all means go for more memory.

SoDroid

Reaction score
On androidforums.com, a thread was started with people using Appbrain to post all of their apps. I saw someone with 201 apps on their Droid! They didn't mention anything about problems so I assume it was running acceptably to the user.

I can't imagine ever needing that many apps.