Raging thunder 2

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
UPDATE !!! 1.0.3 provides now the promissed dpad controls :). steer with dpad and hit enter button for nitro boost. also its a bit smaller now on the internal memory install. and it seems to be a bit faster.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
dont know if our devices haves enaugh power for that. you know. our GPU is good but not as good as the iphone ones. and the iphonce has to calculate a 2 1/2 time less pixels on the screen.
we have the power vr sgx 530. iphone the more powered sgx 535. combined with our high resoloution i dont know if this will work. i will ask tommy from polarbit about it im in good contact with him. also in the next updates you can expect optinal dpad controlling, cause i ask him to put it in too.

The only iPhone that has the SGX535 is the 3GS. The 3G and prior have the PowerVR MBX Lite, which is LESS powerful than the SGX530. And it's doubtful that OpenGL ES 2.0 support would have a negative impact on performance, anyways.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was talking about the 3gs off course ;). And more effects and enhanced visuals sure will cost performance. Read the interview that we did with hyperdevbox on our droidblog please. Sure the new ndk allows some speed boost in programkming but on the other side open gl 2.0 effects drains the performance. You have to find a balance between speed and new effects. And now PLEASE back to topic!

Someone already tried the new update out? I find the game now much easier control with dpad.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I posted this on the Polarbit forum last night. Not sure if anyone else is having these problems...

I’m unsure whether Polarbit has or will have a section for Raging Thunder 2 dedicated to release notes and user feedback based upon those updates, so here we are.

As of 3/25/2010 – 9:55PM
Device – Droid

I updated the game which completely re-installs the game which isn’t as big a deal with most other games but with one that downloads so much data to the SD card the wait is a little tedious. Regardless there were no apparent release notes so I don’t even know what they updated. The only thing different I saw was that they allow you to use your d-pad (and trackball I assume) instead of the accelerometer. Why would I want to??

Bugs that I’ve found after update:
- It didn’t ask me upon loading up whether or not I wanted sound.
- With the music and the sound turned up, the menus have no sound when selecting things.
-When you select a track, then scroll around for the car you want to use, the game registers that you’re still selecting a track, so if you select Castle, then slide over to pick another car, you’ll start on Pipeline.

Not sure if they’ve fixed the the Top Speed, Longest Jump, Arcade Champion, and Career Champion achievements from resetting every time you reload the game.

That’s it for now.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes i have the issues too. the worst thing is that it skips the car selection in the championchip mode after the second race.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
yes i have the issues too. the worst thing is that it skips the car selection in the championchip mode after the second race.

I'm no developer and I think they've done a great job but how in the hell do you mess up all those things by simply adding d-pad support?? I don't even like it, it feels like back when I used to play GTA San Andreas for the PC using the arrow keys. I'd crash into EVERYTHING lol. I like the accelerometer because like an analog stick, it allows a wider, more sensitive range of motion. Left is left, but maybe I just want to ease left, meaning I can just tilt the phone a little as opposed to tapping left over an over again like I'm playing ThrottleCopter or something lol

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
you cant please everyone with just dpad and you cant please everyone with just tilt controls. so its good that they build in both methodes. i think they havn´t just implemented the dpad feature i think they modded the whole game a bit. in my opionen it is less laggy then before. maybe they screwed something up while fixing the performance.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Well they need to release another update already because the small glitch in functionality is making me play it less. :-/

bluewonder

Reaction score
i am using the demo version and since several days it doesnt connect to the server in multiplayer mode.
it doesnt even search for servers, it immediatly shows an error "cant connect to internet".
and yes, raging thunder 1 does work in multiplayer mode...

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could some mod delete this spam posts please? Guys this isnt the kindergarten this is a discussion platform.