Radio?

tfotos

Reaction score
I am currently using SC 2.9.2, and the EC10 ComaVolted kernel. I wanted to try the EC01 debloated rom, but I was wondering what does EC01 Radio do? Do I need to download and flash both of those together? I am sorry for the newbish question, but if I don't ask, I won't learn.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am currently using SC 2.9.2, and the EC10 ComaVolted kernel. I wanted to try the EC01 debloated rom, but I was wondering what does EC01 Radio do? Do I need to download and flash both of those together? I am sorry for the newbish question, but if I don't ask, I won't learn.
you can flash the EC01 radio by itself on your curent setup through ODIN if you want....

Otherwise id follow this thread and start fresh to get the EC01 Rom... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/samsung-fascinate-development/140966-just-suggestion.html

OP
tfotos

tfotos

Reaction score
What exactly is EC01 Radio though? Is it some kind of theme or is it some kind of fix for something? I've Googled it and I haven't found an explanation for what exactly it is. Tons of threads on people installing it though LOL.

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
The radio controls all communication with your network/gps. I've had VERY good luck with the ec01 radio. Gps lock is immediate, better 3g signal, fewer dropped calls etc

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
tfotos

tfotos

Reaction score
The radio controls all communication with your network/gps. I've had VERY good luck with the ec01 radio. Gps lock is immediate, better 3g signal, fewer dropped calls etc

Awesome, so all I do is put my phone into DL mode and use Odin. Do I just put the zip file in the PDA portion of Odin and hit start? It's been a while since I Odined anything. Last time I used it I put SC 2.9.2 on my phone and its been great!

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

Awesome, so all I do is put my phone into DL mode and use Odin. Do I just put the zip file in the PDA portion of Odin and hit start? It's been a while since I Odined anything. Last time I used it I put SC 2.9.2 on my phone and its been great!
yep thats it....

OP
tfotos

tfotos

Reaction score
Sweet, I'll either get to it tonight after I get home from work, or tomorrow morning. Is there an app that accurately predicts the powerball numbers so I don't have to work anymore? Working gets in the way of all my fun! Thanks for the info guys!! Oh I almost forgot.... I will need to wipe dalvik and what else?

Last edited:

Jamis0n

Reaction score
.tar file not zip =]

ec01 debloated
enderst special kernel
uv50 oc1.2

OP
tfotos

tfotos

Reaction score
Ok...so I will unzip the file first. Thanks for the info gents.

Tapatalked from my ComaVolted Fascinate running SC 2.9.2