Radio Issues or others?

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
There were alot of problems with the Radios on the Galaxy Nexus. Has anyone experienced any signal issues with the S3?
Have you noticed any other issues that might be of interest? Heat, Battery Life,?

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I have dropped the internet a couple of times but it comes right back on. It is nothing like my nexus your the bionic. The only other thing that I have seen is when you go to Google and start to type in a word and the suggestions show up it will not let you select it and it will not let you delet it either. Same thing when you hit the search app on your phone

OP
DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Excellent. It's great that you had the nexus to compare it too. Samsung must have finally figured it out. Cant wait for mine to arrive. Any day now.

michelle4439

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone is haveing signal issues also. My sister and I both ordered and received our S3 on Tuesday. My sister activated hers yesterday and I have not yet. We both have the Droid Razr. I did also purchase the Nexus but returned in within days because of the signal issue. Well anyway my sister activated her S3 yesterday and so far the signal seems to be as awful as the Nexus. She tried to call me this morning and had 6 dropped calls within minutes. We NEVER have dropped calls with the razr. The data connection seems to be as bad also. I don't even want to activate mine now:( I was hoping that this phone would be better than the Nexus. So I don't know if I will leave my Razr for the S3. I was really looking forward to this great phone.

skennelly

Reaction score
^My SGS 3 seems to be as good, if not better than my DX. I am not having any issues.

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

George XX

Reaction score
Here are the negatives/bugs for me although overall I've been fine with the phone, some are a bit nit picky.

The signal for me has been slightly poorer than what it was for my DX. Wifi has been weak and will often freeze up (i.e, not drop when out of range or just not work).

My biggest problem however is that occasionally it just won't wake up. I press the power button and the screen stays blank then the lock screen shows briefly then it goes dark again. I need to do a battery pull to get it to work again.

I've also noticed very slow video load times from Instant Upload, these were the videos that are Google+. A 15 second video might take 30 seconds to load and will lag during the video. Meanwhile, watching a trailer on Flixter, for instance, take no time to load and don't lag at all. Also, the little video pop up feature is not available on all video playing. I think its just one the main video player. Still playing around with it.

I've tried the "Best Shot" feature on the camera which snaps eight pictures quickly and lets you pick from the best one. It seemed to work fine expect that all eight are then "instantly uploaded" to google plus. So while there aren't eight pictures saved on my phone, eight pictures still show up in the gallery, unless I go through and delete them. Very annoying. Its probably not a feature I'll use.

Battery life is ok. Part of that may be me still testing out different features and settings. For instance, the drive into work this morning burned 10% of my battery life because the uconnect feature in my car was accessing the map app on the phone. I think playing around with the features will reduce or eliminate some of my battery issues.

Some of the motion functions, like swipe to capture, are tricky to use.

I haven't used much S-Voice but my few times trying to use it didn't prove successful. I tried texting someone - couldn't pick the right name and then could choose verbally between the options given. I tried scheduling something - it kept trying to create a task instead. I asked a question - it did answer it. Overall was underwhelmed but I don't think that highly of any of these voice functions.

Very nitpicky: Don't like the stock wallpapers or ringtones. Notification sounds are excellent.

CdzNutz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 2
-102 to - 118 dbm's on my S3 where my Rezound was usually -87 or somewhere in there. Nowhere near as bad as the Nexus (returned after 4 days) was in this area. I have not had any data drops however and it has stayed on 4G since I received it on the 9th. When I went to work (where the Nexus wouldn't get a signal, and the reason I returned that phone) I was still in 4G with a dbm of -115 with the rezound at -90 in the exact same location. Once again still in 4G though!!! Long story short dbm's don't look as good, but no dropped calls, no missed messages, no data loss, no worries yet! :biggrin: