S3 Poor Reception

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by TechnologicallyChallenged, Oct 31, 2012.

1. TechnologicallyChallenged

Ratings:
    +6
    Yes, my dropped calls were all in my head. If I would have just had a more positive attitude, my optimism would have boosted my signal ten-fold. I've never owned a Samsung and therefore have no preconceived notions of Samsung phones. My observations are based on my own experience, and the signal strength in areas that I spend time in on a daily basis is definitely weaker to nonexistent with the GS3. Take it for what you will. If you have no signal issues, then congrats to you and enjoy your GS3.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jwilly216

jwilly216 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Ditto

3. TechnologicallyChallenged

Ratings:
    +6
    Dropped three calls in four days. I'm not dissing on your phone- it just isn't great for my area in Southeast Michigan. If you have strong signal in your area, by all means keep the GS3. It is a very nice phone.

4. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    So far I'm talking out of experience. The s3 for me has worse 4g coverage than my nexus which was already decent to begin with.

I'm assuming it has to do with hurricane Sandy though because I get 3g in some places where with my nexus I had full 4g. And when I do a speed test it pings to New Jersey locations.

The one thing that's amazing on this phone is battery. Even under use it's great.

5. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +952
    I used to have amazing 4g service in my home with my Maxx and never really saw 1x with the X2. I spend more time on 3g and 1x with the S3 in this house than I care to mention. Out of the 3 phone calls I have had with the phone in as many weeks, I have dropped 1 call and the phone still showed 2 bars of signal. Plus, I've been getting A LOT of non-sent text messages. I never had that problem with any of my other phones. I have NEVER dropped a call with the Motorola. Phone calls aren't all that important to me, since I rarely make them. But not having internet and having so many failed text messages is really irritating me. If Motorola had a better camera, I would go back to my Maxx. *sigh* lol

6. kparks

kparks Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I got 3 letters for u.. HTC! Sell both do urself a favor and get the htc dna! ;)

7. TechnologicallyChallenged

Ratings:
    +6
    The background picture I have on my GS3 right now was taken with my Motorola Droid Bionic and it's bright and vivid enough for me. I'll take Motorola's slightly inferior camera over dropped calls any day.

8. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +952
    Not going to happen. Had similar reception issues with my Incredible. I'm a Motorola fan for life. My house is a deadzone for every carrier and every brand of phone except Motorola

9. music life

music life Member

Ratings:
    +6
    lol then switch phones if you hate the S3 that much. I keep reading the same people bash the s3 all over the place... If you dont like it then get rid of it.

10. music life

music life Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Im guessing you bleed HTC.. bc every time i read an S3 thread i see your name bashing it and hyping the HTC.

Sure hope the DNA is as good as you think its gonna be... given HTC history id be a little worried. But then again what do i know :)

11. TechnologicallyChallenged

Ratings:
    +6
    @music life- I'm working on it. I do have a full time job that I have to go to and I happen to have to work this weekend as well. I keep saying over and over that the S3 is a nice phone aside from MY experience with signal issues. Don't get your panties in a wad because you THINK I'm bashing your most favorite phone in the whole wide world. And if there's a Veteran's Day sale next weekend on phones, I'll hang onto this one for a while longer to save a few bucks.

12. music life

music life Member

Ratings:
    +6
    hahaha. Wow how old are you? you sound like a child.

Search tags for this page

galaxy s3 bad reception

galaxy s3 poor reception

my samsung galaxy s3 has poor reception
poor reception s3
s3 bad reception

s3 poor reception

samsung galaxy s3 poor reception

samsung galaxy s3 poor reception fix
samsung s3 poor reception
verizon galaxy s3 poor reception