FM Radio

VOATMJ1

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before. I recently got my new Gal S3, and noticed that there is no FM Radio and I thought that it was suppose to have one., My Droid X2 had a FM Radio. What gives and is there a way that I can install the FM app? Thanks!

thelopenator

Reaction score
If there is such app for the galaxy s3, then of course you could install it. I don't think there is though

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
install i heart radio
create your own station
yes, there will be some ads
but overall, i heart radio rocks :biggrin:

kaylesworth

Reaction score
I tried the fm radio program that was pulled from the d4 and it didn't work. Thought I'd give it a shot since it worked on my bionic.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

thelopenator

Reaction score
There's a few you could try. The thunderbolt has one. I don't think any would work but you should try it. If you find something, you should definitely let me know.

tc1

Reaction score
install i heart radio
create your own station
yes, there will be some ads
but overall, i heart radio rocks :biggrin:

Yeah, that's what I ended up doing for the live stations not the creating ones though.

I don't have an fm radio on my Rezound either so I bought some bt stereo earbuds with an fm tuner built in.

The reception was really bad to the point of being useless, so just ended up streaming iheart over the data connection.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Fm radio was free...iheart uses alot of data....if your not on unlimited data I see this as a big issue...both my droid x and x2 had fm receivers and got great radio reception..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

rjf172

Reaction score
Is there a "secret" FM transmitter built into the Droid 4 like there was on the Droid Bionic?

By "secret" I mean that Motorola & Verizon forgot to allow the built in radio to show on the device.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Is there a "secret" FM transmitter built into the Droid 4 like there was on the Droid Bionic.

By "secret" I mean that Motorola & Verizon forgot to allow the built in radio to show on the device.

I believe you mean receiver, and from what I recall, the D4 does have a radio. There is information available if you search for it. I believe it can be operated with an app that was ported from the Droid 2, if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dcw9ma

Reaction score
Fm Radio on Droid 4

I use TuneIn app. It works great, gets all local stations and a lot of other from around the world.

silver6054

Reaction score
I use TuneIn app. It works great, gets all local stations and a lot of other from around the world.
I use it too, but that is not what was meant. TuneIn gets radio stations via the internet, not native FM, so a) a data connection is needed, and b) probably not all local stations, only those with an internet feed.

bearhawk426

Reaction score
FM Tuner

There is an FM tuner built in. On Gingerbread I used "Spirit Light" to access the FM tuner. This no longer works since the upgrade to ICS.

Jim

UPDATE: I forgot you have to be root for "Spirit Light" to work. I re-rooted and it is back.

Last edited: