QuickBoot

the5barrons

Reaction score
I run Quick boot only for the reboot portion. Back when I had a BB, I used QuickPull which did pretty much the same thing. On the Storm I, where onboard RAM was scarce, a quickpull just reset things. I can't help feeling what I've known for so long... so when my DX gets laggy, usually into the latter half of the day, I'll do a reboot, like a battery pull. So, one...I know it certainly doesn't hurt to perform a reboot, but am I gaining anything from it? It's like restarting windows...

On a second note, it also has recovery and bootloader...I have yet to mess with this/these. I used Droid X bootstrap for those needs.

Thoughts...?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i do a battery pull whenever my phone freezes up/starts to lag. i mean ur getting a responsive phone from it lol but i dont know of anything ur acutally gaining besides that...

OP
the5barrons

the5barrons

Reaction score
Ok..I hit the recovery button...it rebooted to the Green guy and an exclamation point. I pulled the battery. Not messing with that function again.

And just hit the bootloader button...and it popped into Clockwork recovery. I just hit reboot the system...seems to be just another one of the many ways to cut the cake.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lol what did you expect them to do?

OP
the5barrons

the5barrons

Reaction score
I dunno. I've never had to do either...all new to me. I know I have backups so I'm not really afraid to venture...

I guess now I know...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just know that backups on the DX arent "complete" backups. as in u delete a part of the system that is needed to boot or change something and the bootloader reads it wrong, then a backup isnt going to do anything.

not trying to scare u, but the 2.2 SBF out now is only for /system meaning if u change something anywhere else on ur phones memory then u might be stuck for real.

Daali

Reaction score
I run Quick boot only for the reboot portion. Back when I had a BB, I used QuickPull which did pretty much the same thing. On the Storm I, where onboard RAM was scarce, a quickpull just reset things. I can't help feeling what I've known for so long... so when my DX gets laggy, usually into the latter half of the day, I'll do a reboot, like a battery pull. So, one...I know it certainly doesn't hurt to perform a reboot, but am I gaining anything from it? It's like restarting windows...

On a second note, it also has recovery and bootloader...I have yet to mess with this/these. I used Droid X bootstrap for those needs.

Thoughts...?

I personally love the quick boot widget. I have it password protected on the screen so that my kid's cannot hit it when they are playing games. I use it regularly after the kids play some market games, because I get the feeling that the apps didn't close properly and are running when I run TOP.