Quick simple question

penut_gallery

Reaction score
I want to uninstall stock apps from my rzr, like the text app or the browser to start with. (i use dolphine and go sms)
Nothing will happen if i get rid of them, right? Stock apps are just like any other apps i get from lets say the market, right?

dzone67

Reaction score
One does not simply uninstall stock apps. Ha. Unless you root.

Sent from a Rezound!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I want to uninstall stock apps from my rzr, like the text app or the browser to start with. (i use dolphine and go sms)
Nothing will happen if i get rid of them, right? Stock apps are just like any other apps i get from lets say the market, right?
Like dzone67 said...unless you root you can't uninstall stock apps. If you root and do uninstall stock apps you're going to have a problem getting the next update unless you find the apk for those apps and but them back on your phone. If you root I'd recommend freezing them...not deleting them.

OP
penut_gallery

penut_gallery

Reaction score
Like dzone67 said...unless you root you can't uninstall stock apps. If you root and do uninstall stock apps you're going to have a problem getting the next update unless you find the apk for those apps and but them back on your phone. If you root I'd recommend freezing them...not deleting them.

I dont like seeing the icons. The text sms one really bothers me:(
Its not a major problem, but its an eye sore next to all the other apps

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I dont like seeing the icons. The text sms one really bothers me:(
Its not a major problem, but its an eye sore next to all the other apps

I know that some of the 3rd party SMS apps will take over the send / receive of messages but doublecheck that...sometimes, those stock apps still serve a purpose even tho we don't use them.

Are you using the stock launcher? If you are using a 3rd party launcher, you can sometimes hide the unwanted apps or put them into a generic folder so you do not have to look at them.

OP
penut_gallery

penut_gallery

Reaction score
Im using ADW
Before the last update those two particular apps were not there. But now they are.
If i freeze them, il still have to look at them, right? U mentioned moving them to a folder... Simple process?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
No, if you freeze them it will remove the icon from your app drawer...

I don't think that ADW supports folders - I use Go Launcher EX and it does...