quick question

spillner

Reaction score
OK, upgrade time is approaching and I plan on giving my brother my OG Droid. Its currently rooted with SS 5.4. My question is, do I have to flash back to stock in order for him to activate it?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OK, upgrade time is approaching and I plan on giving my brother my OG Droid. Its currently rooted with SS 5.4. My question is, do I have to flash back to stock in order for him to activate it?

If you look under settings/accounts you can remove the existing account and add in a new one. A factory reset also removes all current apps while leaving the OS alone so I believe that method also would leave the phone rooted while requiring account credentials to get the phone going again. I believe you can just dial *228 and choose option one to provide the new number for it. Otherwise a Verizon rep could assist with that. I doubt the store rep would care if the phone was rooted, let alone even notice.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thats what I figured, thanks!

Some roms have you register again, while other times I haven't had to. So that is an option too. Flash a new rom, register, then go back to SS if that's the one he wants.