1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

quick question

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by spillner, Jul 21, 2011.

1. spillner

spillner New Member

OK, upgrade time is approaching and I plan on giving my brother my OG Droid. Its currently rooted with SS 5.4. My question is, do I have to flash back to stock in order for him to activate it?
  2. christim

christim Super Moderator

If you look under settings/accounts you can remove the existing account and add in a new one. A factory reset also removes all current apps while leaving the OS alone so I believe that method also would leave the phone rooted while requiring account credentials to get the phone going again. I believe you can just dial *228 and choose option one to provide the new number for it. Otherwise a Verizon rep could assist with that. I doubt the store rep would care if the phone was rooted, let alone even notice.
  3. spillner

spillner New Member

Thats what I figured, thanks!
  4. christim

christim Super Moderator

Some roms have you register again, while other times I haven't had to. So that is an option too. Flash a new rom, register, then go back to SS if that's the one he wants.