Questions about DS

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
I'm thinking of trying out the blur version, but before I do I have questions that I'd hope people could answer asap.

1.Can I flash this from being on liberty, or should I restore stock then flash?

2.Liberty is draining the heck out of my battery. Do you think moving to this even know I would be coming from blurless to blur, would increase my battery life compared to stock and liberty?

3.The rom looks amazing, but how actually amazing does it function, in speed/laggless-wise?

4.If did consider flashing this, is this a rom that is ok with themes or ninjamorphing?

5.While I use to be on stock, it took about a minute to boot up, but on liberty it takes 34.5 seconds. Does this rom?

6.I hate annoying logos, so can I replace this with a nice clean look? See number 4.

7.Is there any annoying bugs or freezing that I should know of?

8.Why do you have to mount this rom? What makes it so different than all the others?

9.Has anyone regret flashing this rom, if so what are your regrets?

10.Would liberty toolbox work on this rom? Why I ask this is because on some it does.

11.What type of rooting does this rom have and is it already done the moment you flag it?

Thanks for answering if do so.

Sent from my DROIDX

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of trying out the blur version, but before I do I have questions that I'd hope people could answer asap.

1.Can I flash this from being on liberty, or should I restore stock then flash?

2.Liberty is draining the heck out of my battery. Do you think moving to this even know I would be coming from blurless to blur, would increase my battery life compared to stock and liberty?

3.The rom looks amazing, but how actually amazing does it function, in speed/laggless-wise?

4.If did consider flashing this, is this a rom that is ok with themes or ninjamorphing?

5.While I use to be on stock, it took about a minute to boot up, but on liberty it takes 34.5 seconds. Does this rom?

6.I hate annoying logos, so can I replace this with a nice clean look? See number 4.

7.Is there any annoying bugs or freezing that I should know of?

8.Why do you have to mount this rom? What makes it so different than all the others?

9.Has anyone regret flashing this rom, if so what are your regrets?

10.Would liberty toolbox work on this rom? Why I ask this is because on some it does.

11.What type of rooting does this rom have and is it already done the moment you flag it?

Thanks for answering if do so.

Sent from my DROIDX

Ok....sorry for the delay and my absence lately, been very busy. Lets try to take care of some

of your questions here :)

1. You can flash coming from Liberty. You will have to wipe data/cache before doing so. Just follow

the OP instructions over MDW.

2. DarkSlide has the best battery life out there, IMO. Ask anyone, I've done some tests in that area.

3. DarkSlide is also the most stable ROM I have ran. The theme is part of the ROM, which is good.

4. If you want to port themes yourself or look for whats be ported for DarkSlide that is up to

you and you only. People have ported a few themes but proceed at own risk. This ROM is Ninja Morph

friendly.

5. I was on Liberty and it booted up the quickest of any ROM I had seen. This ROM takes a bit to boot

but I wouldn't know why or what to compare it too. After the logo about 15 seconds.

6. You can replace it with whatever logo you want. Check out the hack section, Droid X custom

logos I'll create. I've made a couple hundred and others have made some.

7. There are always bugs with every ROM. Every phone runs different with different ROMs and tweaks.

I don't have any bugs with this ROM, but some people have. This ROM has the least amount of bugs I've

seen. But the only way to know is try it.

8. Mounting before a wipe of data/cache some seem to believe you get a cleaner wipe. But I

can't answer for sure.

9. Cant answer for others. Not for me.

10. No! Liberty toolbox works with Liberty and no other ROM.

11. Yes its rooted after and the will be a copy of z4root in the DarkSlide add-ons folder.

Hope this helps and give it a shot. Haven't seen many, if any that were disappointed in this ROM.

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Thank you so much! You are the best I, mean no one out of manyanswer questions anymore or too stupid to. You answered perfectly and honestly. Thank you.

Sent from my DROIDX

Shelooga

Reaction score
not that theres anything wrong with liberty, but darkslide is so amazing ive considered going back to it a few times. before i even discovered quickclock advanced my thoughts were darkslide is the fastest, most stable, and longest lasting bettery life rom. i optimized my settings with quickclock under libertys rom and im very happy with it. but knowing my quadrant was higher and my battery lasted longer with darkslide (pre-quickclock)really makes me want to flash back to it and then add in quickclock. the only problem is i made my own framework for liberty and i dont feel like changing the look. (i used a lot of icons from darkslide in my custom framework; another testament to its supremity 'out of the box' and with little extra customizing left to be done)

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much! You are the best I, mean no one out of manyanswer questions anymore or too stupid to. You answered perfectly and honestly. Thank you.

Sent from my DROIDX

No problem. And I did forget to add one thing. You will probably be stuck with the Liberty boot logo after flashing any other ROM. I don't know why but it seems to be the case. So if you want, go into Liberty toolbox and change the boot logo to the original Motorola M and then flash the new ROM. Then at least your DarkSlide ROM wont start up with Liberty logo.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

drivinfocused

Reaction score
just loaded up darkslide.... if you do, i WILL TELL YOU THIS.... the first boot up does take a while..... i was about to check the threads and see normal times it is probly a few minutes but i wasn't counting.... then when you do do your "original" sign in.... mine did take a while to go thru just so you don't get a little freaked out.... i have done a few roms so i kinda expected some time with it.....

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
just loaded up darkslide.... if you do, i WILL TELL YOU THIS.... the first boot up does take a while..... i was about to check the threads and see normal times it is probly a few minutes but i wasn't counting.... then when you do do your "original" sign in.... mine did take a while to go thru just so you don't get a little freaked out.... i have done a few roms so i kinda expected some time with it.....

Yes, first boot takes a while :)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

B0bby

Reaction score
I have been using darkslide for about a month now, with absolutely no problems. I love this ROM.

Sent from my DROIDX

Uncle Chan

Reaction score
I've tried them all. DS is where I will stay.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

NWKENT

Reaction score
DarkSlide ROM_WOO HOO

Have 2) X's and compared most all ROM's side by side..Darkslide remains on both my phones now..2 months now..absolutely awesome with no complaints, switched text color to blue on one phone, the second phone to green text..Both phones run flawless for me..1st boot is very slow, SO be patient, several minutes for 1st boot on both phones..I enjoy the dark status bar, and the overall dark scheme..Helps with my focus on what I'm doing, instead of bright backgrounds and status bars..I also enjoy the dark background with "The Market"..I also adore the dark notifications bar..

Any Other ROM for me would have to be GREAT AMOUNTS better for me to even consider another..

I REALLY enjoy this ROM..running version 4.2