From APEX(RC2) to DS-X

goodwidp

Reaction score
I know there's a ton of info to go from Froyo to DS-X (or any .596 GB ROM) but I just wanted to clarify what I need to do to switch from ApexRC2 (.596 GB based ROM) to DS-X. I'm assuming that all I would have to do is:
1- boot into recovery
2- wipe data/cache
3- flash/install DS-X .zip
4- restore apps & data ONLY (not system data) via Titanium Backup

Is that pretty much it or am I missing something? Also, I just made a Nandroid backup of my current Apex setup so, if for some reason I didn't like DS-X and wanted to switch back, could I just flash the Nandroid backup or would I have to wipe/flash etc... as listed above? Thanks very much.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have flashed a few roms and have had no issues with the methods you listed above.

For your backup, I would wipe data and cache, then install the backup

SkyNet Liberty AOSP

OP
goodwidp

goodwidp

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the response. That was the confirmation I was looking for. Thanks again.

OP
goodwidp

goodwidp

Reaction score
So I went ahead and made the switch to DS-X and am loving it so far! The instructions in the OP worked perfectly for me and I had zero issues getting apps/settings restored back to how I like it. I like having the Blur look again and am loving the fact that I can use the Multimedia Dock to it's fullest extent.

One thing I did not see mentioned on these forums is if DS-X has any sort of HDMI functionality. It's not a deal-breaker if it wont work but I do like having the option to use it when I need.

Thanks again for all the help.