Question

xgrinder911

Reaction score
Why does the cpu goe craaaaaazy when you freeze the stock home app?? Is there anyway to fix that??

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

pdc419

Reaction score
If you're using a replacement home backup stock then uninstall it

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
xgrinder911

xgrinder911

Reaction score
Hmmmm I'm not sure if I wana uninstall it

vvildcard

Reaction score
If you're using a replacement home backup stock then uninstall it

Ummm... no. That would be disaster.

I'm willing to bet that even though you're using a different home/launcher, some of the stuff built into the stock home app that is required, no matter what home/launcher you're using.

OP
xgrinder911

xgrinder911

Reaction score
Ya I figured I was just wondering if anyone could figure a work around

pdc419

Reaction score
Ummm... no. That would be disaster.

I'm willing to bet that even though you're using a different home/launcher, some of the stuff built into the stock home app that is required, no matter what home/launcher you're using.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had any problems with it. Just make sure the replacement is running when you uninstall the stock one

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Root your phone using Gingerbreak apk its easy basically a one click root.. u can find it in 4shared app as well as other posts in the x2 forum.. then there is a developer named zepplinrox he posts all the time on this forum and has a v6 supercharger script that allows you to optimize your memory issues with this phone.. this will allow u to use any custom launcher u want.. hate to break it to u but this phone has memory issues out of the box.. however once tweaked just a tad bit this phone is second to none in my opinion.. look in tech issues thread for more info on what I posted.. also in hacks thread.. hope this helps