Question regarding Texts...

johnod

Reaction score
When I receive a text that includes multiple recipients I cannot see who else the text was addressed to. Is there a way to do this? I've tried hitting "settings" when in the text message application but there doesn't appear to a solution there.
Also, there is no option to "reply all" when I receive a text like this. How can I reply all?

Sorry for what I'm sure is a noobie question...thanks in advance for any insight you can offer!

SallyC

Reaction score
I've wondered the same thing. Unfortunately, there's no Help menu but fortunately there's alot of helpful folks here so maybe we'll find out the answers.

vonfink13

Reaction score
try using GO SMS Pro in the market... it shows all the recipients...and has loads of custom options...

OP
J

johnod

Reaction score
Thanks. Does go sms work with mms?

Still wondering if the stock application can allow me to see all recipients and reply all?

thanks!

ITguy4

Reaction score
I don't think it will. I have since switched to Handcent, but I don't recall ever seeing other recipients unless the text had been sent from an iPhone. I don't on Handcent either.

vonfink13

Reaction score
I just checked my stock app and it shows all recipients...go SMS works for mms....handcent and go offer a ridiculous amount of customizations that the stock app does not offer...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

vonfink13

Reaction score
And yes..you can reply to all in the stock app...mine gives me the option to reply to all in the btm right corner..and the recipients are all listed in the top info bar...

OP
J

johnod

Reaction score
And yes..you can reply to all in the stock app...mine gives me the option to reply to all in the btm right corner..and the recipients are all listed in the top info bar...

My stock app does not show all recipients? And I dont have an info bar on the top or anything located in the bottome right hand corner?

I just downladed go SMS and I still cant see all recipients? Is there a setting I might need to adjust? thx!

SallyC

Reaction score
So I'm trying Go SMS and like it. But the favorite contact widget that's on the RAZR wants to use the stock text application. Is there a way to change this?

EDIT: sorry, no way to delete. I see now it will let me choose.

WestOkid

Reaction score
do you have thread group conversations checked? That's the only thing I can think of because I didn't have to do anything. BTW if you use Go SMS, there seems to be a delay that is not there when using the stock. I have tested this many times.

SallyC

Reaction score
Where is threaded group conversation found? There's a ton of options, but I'm not seeing that.

WestOkid

Reaction score
Are you using the stock text app, Not the universal message app? It should be very visible once you pull up the settings menu.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

m3incorp

Reaction score
I see all recipients using the stock text and the default is reply all.

I use and prefer GO SMS Pro due to the fact that I can text multiple people at once but they don't receive the other recipients also I like the fact that you can send write a text and then send it a chosen time.

SallyC

Reaction score
I see all recipients using the stock text and the default is reply all.

I use and prefer GO SMS Pro due to the fact that I can text multiple people at once but they don't receive the other recipients also I like the fact that you can send write a text and then send it a chosen time.

I am curious if you check the Settings to Split large messages over 160 characters? They say that's good for CDMA networks. Wonder if you do that?