Multi recipient text messages

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by Thefistoflove, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Thefistoflove

Thefistoflove New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This may be something new for gingerbread but when I receive a multi recipient text message I can't reply just to the sender, it prompts to send to all, very annoying.

2. lykofos

lykofos Member

Ratings:
    +4
    This happened to me too. Sent the reply to everyone cause I didn't pay attention that the button said "send to all." Everyone else sent me texts saying I replied to the wrong person. lol

Anyway, figured it out after a bit of experimentation (see attached photo that illustrates the written description):

1. After you open the multiple recipient text that was sent to you, the "compose message" box is at the bottom of the screen. At the top of the screen is a dark colored bar that says "Multiple recipients" with a little multi-person icon to the left.

2. Press on the multi-person icon and a drop down menu appears with all the recipients and the original sender.

3. Press whoever the original sender was and you can now reply to just that particular person and not to everyone.

View attachment 40244

3. sharkattack99

sharkattack99 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    yeah this happened to me as well for a day i got back replys saying "who is this" lol thanks for this info.

Search tags for this page
andoid text reply to sender only
android text see all recipients
can't modify recipients on text reply
how to reply to multi text android
how to see all recipients of a text
how to stop android text message multiple recipients

how to stop reply all text messages

reply to multiple text recipients on android
responding to multi person sms thread
turn off multi texts