Text recipients help

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I need some help. When I receive a text from someone that sent it to multiple recipients, but I want to relpy only to the original sender, how do I do it. I can't find a way to select only one. I go to "manage recipients" but it does nothing, it still says "reply all" and it will send to all of them. Like on my e-mail, I want to "reply" not "reply all". I've tried Handcent and Go SMS with the same results. Maybe I'm just stupid (don't ask my wife), but I need help (my wife will verify that I need help). I think on my T-bolt I could manage the recipients, but I can't find a way to do it now.

Trash Can

Reaction score
In the upper left corner of the message you received, you should see a square filled with icons of the people who sent/received the message. Tap that square. It will show you a list of contacts. Tap the one who you want to send a message to -- it will only go to that individual, not everyone else.

EDIT: The info above is for the stock messaging app, not sure about others.

Last edited:
OP
jkaod

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
AWESOME! Thanks for the very simple answer. I kept trying to go through setting>manage recipients and it wasn't working. That's way too easy.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
In the upper left corner of the message you received, you should see a square filled with icons of the people who sent/received the message. Tap that square. It will show you a list of contacts. Tap the one who you want to send a message to -- it will only go to that individual, not everyone else.

Nice work!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

ARockYal

Reaction score
This Used to Work...but not since OS upgrade

I have a Bionic and this used to be the functionality. But, I was recently upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich (I think that's it) and that functionality doesn't seem to be the same. Can you help? Thanks.