Question regarding CPU ROM and my programs

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Roms' started by theincrediblenoob, Dec 5, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. theincrediblenoob

theincrediblenoob New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, folks I could really use your help here. I just rooted my Dinc. My Entire goal with my Dink is to make it run faster and help battery life. I do NOT know anything about custom ROMs and CPU programs. I need some opinions.

I want to use all of the regular programs that the phone comes with. I just want it to run fast and efficiently. Will custom ROMS allow me to do this? What is a custom ROM anyway?

What about the CPU? WHat do you guys recomend?

*ALSO, HOW THE HECK DO I STOP ALL THOSE DARN PROGRAMS FROM AUTOMATICALLY RESTARTING WHEN I SHUT THEM DOWN!!*

Thanks Chris
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  2. aDroidman

aDroidman Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. theincrediblenoob

theincrediblenoob New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks droid man, very usefull information. I would still love to hear some suggestions as to a safe ROM that will have many of the same features that the original phone has. Like with a custom rom, Will i still be able to use the navigation app that comes on my phone??
  4. sittn86

sittn86 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't worry about it, just let the os do its thing. I quit using a task manager altogether & haven't noticed anything but better battery life.