Movies from my CPU to my Droid

DC4MVP

Reaction score
Is there any free program that will change the format of the videos on my CPU so I can watch them on my Droid?

Doesn't it have to be mp4 format? Really can't remember.

Any help would be terrific.

GuyWithDogs

Reaction score
There are a number of free programs that will do it. I've seen threads about them on other Droid fora. I've used Super from eRightSoft.com to change formats of files (though not specifically for viewing on the Droid). Handbrake is another one I've seen recommended, but never used.

D

dvdcatalyst

Is there any free program that will change the format of the videos on my CPU so I can watch them on my Droid?

DVD Catalyst Free : DVD Catalyst Free Product Description | Tools4Movies, the official home of DVD Catalyst
Handbrake : HandBrake
Videora : Videora Android Converter - Free Android Video Converter

Pretty much every free iPod/iPhone compatible conversion tool will do the job.

Pathos

Reaction score
You have videos on your CPU?

Yep. I transfer most my DVD's to my CPU for traveling reasons.

DVD Catalyst Free : DVD Catalyst Free Product Description | Tools4Movies, the official home of DVD Catalyst
Handbrake : HandBrake
Videora : Videora Android Converter - Free Android Video Converter

Pretty much every free iPod/iPhone compatible conversion tool will do the job.
I use handbrake. Using the Ipod Legacy setting will get them in a playable format for the droid (encode with x264 in an mp4 container). However, under the 'Video' tab change the setting to constant quality. It's a better setup. Leaving it on an RF of 20 will look excellent. If you think an RF of 20 is not good enough (rolls eyes), then do not go lower than 18.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
dvd catalyst works great. theres a few thread about converting videos.