Question on messaging in DC ROMS

Discussion in 'Droid Concepts' started by Taco, May 7, 2011.

1. woodyman

woodyman Senior Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    lol, yeah I can imagine that being bad.. and I know your not trying to start problems, there's always a problem that someone has and others don't, I just wish there was more I could do to fix it.

we both appreciate your support man, and don't ever hesitate to bring an issue up, we enjoy the feedback, both good and bad.. :)

2. Taco

Taco Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I appreciate your help, you have no idea how cool it is to have help from devs.

Ill run #8 when its out. Now will logcat be able to find a problem in messaging if my issue occurs?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

3. woodyman

woodyman Senior Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +4

Build 08 just went live.. about the logcat, yes if there is a problem the logcat will catch it, however you have to be connected to the computer in order to be pulling the logcat so the trick is being connected when it happens.

4. Taco

Taco Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well if the error presents itself to me and happens in the frequency it has on other roms (2x an hour at least) then I should have no problem getting it ... hopefully ill be glitch free :)

5. mikedav1

mikedav1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It is possible to set the mms app to not delete old messages. First choice in settings menu. I use SMS backup and restore to copy texts then delete manually. Never had a problem. Might help you. Possibly the deletion occurs at the same time as receiving, thus...oops.:)

6. Taco

Taco Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was nowhere near the threshold to delete messages ... so they never should have been deleted ... it was set to 200 per convo and all had less than that as the rom was flashed only a day prior. The other time it happened I only had one thread with lots of messages the rest only a few.

The main issue I had was with it opening the wrong contact thread.