Question on messaging in DC ROMS

Taco

Reaction score
I've been a long time follower of metickone and davros and have come to love their roms. Now that davros has mergedd with DC I am interested in trying them out. My biggest issue is the bugs with the mms.apk that send messages to wrong contacts and such. I am currently at a point where this is no longer an issue, but I want a ROM with a little bit more than my super stock one I currently run.

Is any if the DC ROMs based off of 2.2.2 code? And is the messaging app from source or is it a borrowed one? Just curious so I know of any messaging issues before I report them.

Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Taco,

In my experience this uses a borrowed mms.apk, as I have had a couple instances of the text to the incorrect person.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
Taco,

In my experience this uses a borrowed mms.apk, as I have had a couple instances of the text to the incorrect person.

Thanks I appreciate the reply! I've had some embarrassing things happen with said issue :S

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
This is based off the Android 2.2.2 messaging app from source it is not borrowed from anywhere all the coding has been done by myself, I added options for send on enter, custom LED and vibrate options, and i raised the default value of max sms/mms messages. I have not had any issues with messaging the wrong people or lost messages, and from what ive read so far no one else has lost any on build 07 build 06 there were a few who lost a couple every now and then but nothing major. so if you do have issues just report them and we'll work on fixing anything that goes wrong.

I've been a long time follower of metickone and davros and have come to love their roms. Now that davros has mergedd with DC I am interested in trying them out. My biggest issue is the bugs with the mms.apk that send messages to wrong contacts and such. I am currently at a point where this is no longer an issue, but I want a ROM with a little bit more than my super stock one I currently run.

Is any if the DC ROMs based off of 2.2.2 code? And is the messaging app from source or is it a borrowed one? Just curious so I know of any messaging issues before I report them.

Thanks!

Taco,

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
Alright sweet. I appreciate the response and ill give it a try. I'm quite excited.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious if we are all on the same page with this.

The app doesn't send it to the wrong person, it selects the incorrect thread on the main screen.

You, then, type your message without looking at the recipient.

Voila, incorrect person.

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score

The app doesn't send it to the wrong person, it selects the incorrect thread on the main screen.

Voila, incorrect person.

That's part of the issues I've had. Exactly how you described it too.

However I have had texts literally go to the wrong contact aswell. It happened when my phone randomly erased all txt threads way before I reached the threshold to do so. Then upon leaving the thread another txt came in and both contacts got criss crossed. Id text person A and it would go to B and vice versa. Deleting the threads and rebooting cured this.

The issue you described would happen to me so often that I almost got rid of my droid. So I'm looking for ways out atm. Only fixes to this issue I have found are in 2.2.2 roms built off of the Verizon OTA.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting.

I've never had it go to the wrong person unless it was in the way I described.

I wonder what is causing this massacre!

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
Interesting.

I've never had it go to the wrong person unless it was in the way I described.

I wonder what is causing this massacre!

Not sure but I found both of my problems posted on the issues page on google so I'm not the only one. And I have had zero mms issues on ota built roms so it seems to be fixed, whatever it is.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
These phones never stop amusing me.. lol.. its always weird when people have issues that Ive never experienced. as for the app I don't know why it doesn't seem to like your phone, but me and davros have never experienced any of the said problems with mms/sms.. I talked with him about it for awhile last night because I concerned, and neither of us have had these problems. And like I said it is the latest froyo code available, for the messaging app built into the DC roms, so it's the same code that made the messaging app in the OTA..

Voila, incorrect person.

Voila, incorrect person.

That's part of the issues I've had. Exactly how you described it too.

However I have had texts literally go to the wrong contact aswell. It happened when my phone randomly erased all txt threads way before I reached the threshold to do so. Then upon leaving the thread another txt came in and both contacts got criss crossed. Id text person A and it would go to B and vice versa. Deleting the threads and rebooting cured this.

The issue you described would happen to me so often that I almost got rid of my droid. So I'm looking for ways out atm. Only fixes to this issue I have found are in 2.2.2 roms built off of the Verizon OTA.

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
It really never used to bother me until my girlfriends dad got a txt from me: "babe you looked great today I love you"

He still rags on me haha.

/edit

And for the record I don't intend on being a pain or to cause issues when I bring this problem up. I just like asking ahead of time so I know what I'm getting into. I appreciate all of your hard work and I know you guys do great things. The issue does not cloud my opinion on the work of the devs at all ... its something I've had issues with since I was on stock froyo 2.2.

I would like to thank Davros and Woodyman for taking the time to discuss the problem. It means a lot to know that you guys listen and are willing to work with problems. Davros has always been good about that and it proves you guys will be a great team.

Also thanks to guidot for always being helpful! I always see you in threads helping people ... you're a really nice person.

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Taco,

Thanks, I appreciate that! I enjoy helping people when I know enough on how to do it.

Davros will tell you, I have the worst luck with glitches.

For a long time, I had a FC on GBKB when it came included in ROMs. If I flashed Pete's fixed GBKB, there wasn't an issue. Very weird.

Everything has been fine on DC7 so far, and I can't wait for 8.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
lol, yeah I can imagine that being bad.. and I know your not trying to start problems, there's always a problem that someone has and others don't, I just wish there was more I could do to fix it.

we both appreciate your support man, and don't ever hesitate to bring an issue up, we enjoy the feedback, both good and bad.. :)

It really never used to bother me until my girlfriends dad got a txt from me: "babe you looked great today I love you"

He still rags on me haha.

/edit

And for the record I don't intend on being a pain or to cause issues when I bring this problem up. I just like asking ahead of time so I know what I'm getting into. I appreciate all of your hard work and I know you guys do great things. The issue does not cloud my opinion on the work of the devs at all ... its something I've had issues with since I was on stock froyo 2.2.

I would like to thank Davros and Woodyman for taking the time to discuss the problem. It means a lot to know that you guys listen and are willing to work with problems. Davros has always been good about that and it proves you guys will be a great team.

Also thanks to guidot for always being helpful! I always see you in threads helping people ... you're a really nice person.

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
Well I appreciate your help, you have no idea how cool it is to have help from devs.

Ill run #8 when its out. Now will logcat be able to find a problem in messaging if my issue occurs?

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Well I appreciate your help, you have no idea how cool it is to have help from devs.

Ill run #8 when its out. Now will logcat be able to find a problem in messaging if my issue occurs?

Build 08 just went live.. about the logcat, yes if there is a problem the logcat will catch it, however you have to be connected to the computer in order to be pulling the logcat so the trick is being connected when it happens.