Question about voice plan

mikesmith0890

Reaction score
I'm currently still on the Nationwide plan with 1400 shared minutes and unlimited texts. There are 3 lines on the plan, 2 smart, 1 dumb, one smart has unlimited the other is on the 2gb data plan.

I use no where near the voice amount. Is there anyway to change the voice plan any longer? Honestly between the 3 lines we may use at most 400 out of network minutes, but averages under 300. Attempting to do so online only results in VZW trying to force the new share everything plan.

Any help and information that can be given is greatly appreciated.

OP
M

mikesmith0890

Reaction score
Is this something I need to go into the store to do, or should I be able to talk to a rep online to do?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
try calling customer service and see if they will make the change without losing your unlimited.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Calling CS will take care of it. . I'm on 2000 min plan but jump back to 1400 as well. . Just see how much money difference ..I know 1400 to 2000 is only like $10

N3 tap

Fuchueson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
Twitter
mc_morris
I'm currently still on the Nationwide plan with 1400 shared minutes and unlimited texts. There are 3 lines on the plan, 2 smart, 1 dumb, one smart has unlimited the other is on the 2gb data plan.

I use no where near the voice amount. Is there anyway to change the voice plan any longer? Honestly between the 3 lines we may use at most 400 out of network minutes, but averages under 300. Attempting to do so online only results in VZW trying to force the new share everything plan.

Any help and information that can be given is greatly appreciated.

Yes you can drop it to the 700 min plan. It will save you about $20 a month. I would change it for you but I don't have access to those plans anymore myself. Call into customer service and MAKE SURE they don't take off your unlimited. I have been running into more and more corporate and vzw customer service taking it off without informing the customer.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't have any issue changing down to the 700 plan, but keep in mind that with the 1400, you need to count any minutes that you've used for the 10 people you may have chosen as favorites to not use your minutes.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yes you can drop it to the 700 min plan. It will save you about $20 a month. I would change it for you but I don't have access to those plans anymore myself. Call into customer service and MAKE SURE they don't take off your unlimited. I have been running into more and more corporate and vzw customer service taking it off without informing the customer.

Where do you work, if you don't mind me asking, that you do not have access to the old plans? I can access all

Sent from my Droid Maxx

OP
M

mikesmith0890

Reaction score
I appreciate the information. $20 would be a decent savings. Out of all the phone calls that we make, I am the only one who consistently calls out of network. 95% of family and friends all have verizon. My S/O has AT&T and the majority of the calls to her are after the "evening" hours and also a lot of times using Google Voice over Wi-Fi.

I just hate paying extra for all those unused minutes. My line is currently out of contract, so I'm on a month to month, the other smartphone contract is over towards the end of may, and the dumb phone, 11/15. Just trying to make the most of the plan and weighing all options as far as renewal.