For a helpful Verizon Rep... Best Plan

comk4ver

Reaction score
Here are the details of the account...

Line 1 Primary Account Holder (Nationwide Talk & Text Share 2000)/smartphone (Data 5GB): Upgrade available on 08/20/2016 but underneath it shows upgrade available via the Special Offer Early Upgrade.

Line 2 Dummy/Nationwide Talk & Text Share 2000(Data pay per use): Upgrade available on 03/28/2017 but has a eligible for early upgrade.

Line 3/UDP/Nationwide Talk & Share 2000/Smartphone: Upgrade Available since 10/25/2015

Line 4 Dummy Phone/Data Pay Per Use/Nationwide Talk & Share 2000/ Next Available upgrade is 12/07/2015: no upgrade available no special offer for an early upgrade.

The Finanical porprotion of this:
Line access is $9.99 each (4 lines)
data is $79.99 ($50 for 5gb and $30 for UD)
Voice is $80
Messages ($30)
Products $30 (total mobile protection $10, ringback tones $1.99 (.99 X 2), Total Equipment Protection $16 ($8 X2) and Roadside Assistance $3...

1) How can I get more data for Line 1? Clearly, Line 1 can go to The Verizon Plan and move Line 2 also for around the same price right?
2) Line 3 and Line 4 are together. L3 uses L4 for upgrades...
3) In the future could L3 being on the Nationwide Plan continue to move upgrades to L1 since it's a TDP now?
4) If Line 1 only goes to the The Verizon Plan for $80 plus the $20 monthly access fee. What will the bill for everyone else be?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Ok. That's a lot of information.

1. Yes, there should be no problem moving L1 to the Verizon Plan. I just moved to that plan myself. You can get 6GB for $60 + $20 line access, which I'm assuming is where you got the $80 price.
3. I'm not sure on this, but with L3 being a UDP plan, I believe the only way you can get an upgrade there is to change the plan. I've never dealt with moving one line's upgrade to another, so I'll leave it at that.
4. I would assume if you only move L1 to the Verizon Plan, that everything would stay the same on the other lines. You would then have 2 different plans. I'm assuming here that all of the lines are currently on the SAME Nationwide Talk & Share Plan? If that's the case, they should be pretty much unaffected, unless you've got some kinda deal where you have to have at least 4 lines on the plan to have those options.

This is just how I see things. I'm by no means a vzw rep or anything. We do have at least one or two reps that frequent the forum, so hopefully one will come along and help clear this up soon, but I think that's where you stand.

OP
comk4ver

comk4ver

Reaction score
Ok. That's a lot of information.

1. Yes, there should be no problem moving L1 to the Verizon Plan. I just moved to that plan myself. You can get 6GB for $60 + $20 line access, which I'm assuming is where you got the $80 price.
3. I'm not sure on this, but with L3 being a UDP plan, I believe the only way you can get an upgrade there is to change the plan. I've never dealt with moving one line's upgrade to another, so I'll leave it at that.
4. I would assume if you only move L1 to the Verizon Plan, that everything would stay the same on the other lines. You would then have 2 different plans. I'm assuming here that all of the lines are currently on the SAME Nationwide Talk & Share Plan? If that's the case, they should be pretty much unaffected, unless you've got some kinda deal where you have to have at least 4 lines on the plan to have those options.

This is just how I see things. I'm by no means a vzw rep or anything. We do have at least one or two reps that frequent the forum, so hopefully one will come along and help clear this up soon, but I think that's where you stand.
Thank you so much... I have a tendency to want to include all the details. For some reason whenever I try writing the nitty gritty the information I omit always gets asked. I believe in being aware of everything!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Nothing wrong with that. I went over and over the New Plan many times before I decided to switch. I think it only made sense this time because I have the Nexus 6P now instead of the Note 4 that I had on a Payment Plan.

I checked it out when I had the Note, it gave you a basic "What you pay now Vs. what you'll pay based on the options for the new plan" and the new plan was always more expensive. I just tried it again the other day now that I have the new phone and the new plan came out cheaper.

IDK if that'll actually be the case because I'm not sure if they figured in the Line Access discount for being on the Payment Plan, but that would've changed when the phone's paid off (my wife has that phone now, still paying on it), I believe.

Even if not, I've got 5GB right now, but 1 of those is a promotional thing that was going to end in about a year. I've gone over 4GB more than a couple of times recently and won't be using any LESS data moving forward, so I went ahead and made the jump.

They claim the new plans are easier to figure out and choose from, but they're really not when you've got all of these old plans to try and compare them to.

If you're the account holder, you might login to verizonwireless.com and see if it'll allow you to check prices on the new plan against what you pay now, but, again, I'd be careful that you're only moving the one line over and not the entire "family" of lines if you want to keep that UDP plan.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am not a Verizon rep either, but when I tried to move my upgrade on my UDP line to my wife's line so she could use the upgrade (a few months ago before they stopped advertising upgrades) they told me that as soon as I did that I would lose my UDP and their system would auto switch me to a 2. GB plan. That was from a rep in a store and a different rep on the phone.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
comk4ver

comk4ver

Reaction score
According to slickdeals.net many are claiming that they could still do it mind you I'm trying to avoid the $20 increase so paying an extra $30 for a data plan that won't be used is worse than $20 to keep unlimited on payment.

OP
comk4ver

comk4ver

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that. I went over and over the New Plan many times before I decided to switch. I think it only made sense this time because I have the Nexus 6P now instead of the Note 4 that I had on a Payment Plan.

I checked it out when I had the Note, it gave you a basic "What you pay now Vs. what you'll pay based on the options for the new plan" and the new plan was always more expensive. I just tried it again the other day now that I have the new phone and the new plan came out cheaper.

IDK if that'll actually be the case because I'm not sure if they figured in the Line Access discount for being on the Payment Plan, but that would've changed when the phone's paid off (my wife has that phone now, still paying on it), I believe.

Even if not, I've got 5GB right now, but 1 of those is a promotional thing that was going to end in about a year. I've gone over 4GB more than a couple of times recently and won't be using any LESS data moving forward, so I went ahead and made the jump.

They claim the new plans are easier to figure out and choose from, but they're really not when you've got all of these old plans to try and compare them to.

If you're the account holder, you might login to verizonwireless.com and see if it'll allow you to check prices on the new plan against what you pay now, but, again, I'd be careful that you're only moving the one line over and not the entire "family" of lines if you want to keep that UDP plan.
To be honest the person who really screwed up was Line 1 they had an UPD and didn't know about the loop so when they upgraded it screwed up me because I can't transfer my upgrade via Best Buy. Which is why I'm here

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The loopholes are closing. There's not much option left for UDP plans. Doesn't mean there aren't ANY options, but definitely not many left.

The BB loophole that exists now isn't about transferring an upgrade. Instead, it's about buying a new phone on subsidy, which I believe can extend your contract, and selecting for it to come with a sim (you may not have to SELECT this, might just come with one), then putting the sim from your current UDP into the new phone before powering it on.

That's the only "loophole" I'm aware of that still exists for a UDP plan at all.

And even if you manage to extend the contract, you'll eventually have to pay that increase each month. The best you can do is save just under $500 over the course of 2 years, but I would imagine they'll have that BB loophole I just mentioned closed up by the end of that time, if they're smart.

OP
comk4ver

comk4ver

Reaction score
The loopholes are closing. There's not much option left for UDP plans. Doesn't mean there aren't ANY options, but definitely not many left.

The BB loophole that exists now isn't about transferring an upgrade. Instead, it's about buying a new phone on subsidy, which I believe can extend your contract, and selecting for it to come with a sim (you may not have to SELECT this, might just come with one), then putting the sim from your current UDP into the new phone before powering it on.

That's the only "loophole" I'm aware of that still exists for a UDP plan at all.

And even if you manage to extend the contract, you'll eventually have to pay that increase each month. The best you can do is save just under $500 over the course of 2 years, but I would imagine they'll have that BB loophole I just mentioned closed up by the end of that time, if they're smart.
It was always my understanding that upgrades should never be done on the actual UDP itself the safest way was to transfer it to a dummy line then proceed with the disposal of the SIM. You are correct that the new sim comes already inside waiting for you to turn it on.
If you check out slickdeals.net you'll see there were a huge variety of methods. But like you said they're closing them up.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That was originally how it worked, but they've changed the rules so that can't happen now. Like I said, the only deal I've seen lately that people claim still works is the one I described, where you'd have to do it on the actual UDP plan itself. For whatever reason, the new sim holds the change to the plan and that doesn't transfer to the new one. Seems like it'd be easy for them to put a stop to that and just tell the system to give the old sim the same stipulations/plan as the new one, but like I said, I don't work for them, so I don't know what they're capable of.