Question about stock browser

davidwilp

Reaction score
Is the only way to "close" the browser when done on the internet to keep pressing the back / return button on the phone 100 times? Am I missing something?

Thanks

pistacio

Reaction score
No, just push menu, windows, then minus or "x" them all. Then hit the back button once.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Normally, there is no need to actually "exit" out of the browser. Once you switch focus to another application (and the browser is no longer visible), it will remain in memory until the operating system needs more memory. When this occurs, Android will take a "snapshot" of the current state (ie. which URL you are browsing) and then reclaim the memory that the browser was occupying. In most circumstances, you won't notice any hit on performance while keeping the browser in memory until it's needed.

To answer your question though, no. As far as I know, the only way to exit out of the browser is to either hit the back button until all windows are closed, manually close the application from within settings or a task manager, or to let Android close it on it's own when it needs the memory. The only times I would need to manually close the browser would be if say a web page that accesses your location somehow causes the GPS to hang (has happened to me on google's homepage before), or if I was getting ready to use any memory intensive application where pauses to close a program could rewsult in a glitch, such as when recording video or audio.

OP
D

davidwilp

Reaction score
How do you switch to another application while browser is running. If I have visited 6 different sites I always have to hit the back key 6 times before I can get back to my phones desktop.

pistacio

Reaction score
Or hold home to switch between apps.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

vera_w

Reaction score
Or install a 3rd party browser (ie. Dolphin HD) from the market that actually has an option to exit :)

I agree. You'd better change a 3rd party browser. They are all faster and more powerful than the stock one.

steve602888

Reaction score
How do u get ur phone rooted? Wanted to buy a app but says u need rooted phone?

Sent from my MB860 using DroidForums

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Read up. There are tons of resources on rooting here. That's one of the most commonly asked questions.

steve602888

Reaction score
Rooting

Where ? What does it mean I can't see anything. Appreciate your help mate

steve602888

Reaction score
Hi ive rooted what does it let u do?

Sent from my MB860 using DroidForums