Question about phone replacement

nick_silver

Reaction score
I had a quick question about a phone replacement. I purchased my Motorola Droid from a seller on eBay back in June. At the time of purchase, the phone was 1 month used. The other day, my lock button on the top of my phone broke (I think the spring behind it broke). My question is, will Motorola or Verizon send me a replacement phone? Is any type of warranty from Motorola still intact on this phone, or because it changed owners no? I suspect neither would send me a replacement but I figured I'd get your opinions since you all seem like more familiar with this sort of thing. Thanks!

cpjr

Reaction score
The warranty is on the device and they go by the serial #, doesnt matter who owns it.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Verizon will do nothing. You may have better luck with Motorola directly (if possible).

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
N

nick_silver

Reaction score
Ok, so my best bet is to contact Motorola directly? Where should I go to view what the warranty is?

Detonation

Reaction score
Ok, so my best bet is to contact Motorola directly? Where should I go to view what the warranty is?

I'd try calling Verizon first. What's the worst they can do, turn you down? I've read a couple posts of people saying Verizon replaced their device even though they didn't buy it through them. Verizon's warranty replacement is just a portal for Motorola's anyways.

cpjr

Reaction score
Verizon WILL handle the warranty as long as its within 12 months. Does NOT matter if you were the original purchaser (I have swapped 2 phones through Verizon that I bought off ebay). They dont do it in store, but will send you a new device through the mail along with packaging to send the old one back.

OP
N

nick_silver

Reaction score
Alright, thank you guys for the quick replies. I'll be calling Verizon tomorrow!