1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Question about phone replacement

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by nick_silver, Nov 10, 2010.

1. nick_silver

nick_silver New Member

I had a quick question about a phone replacement. I purchased my Motorola Droid from a seller on eBay back in June. At the time of purchase, the phone was 1 month used. The other day, my lock button on the top of my phone broke (I think the spring behind it broke). My question is, will Motorola or Verizon send me a replacement phone? Is any type of warranty from Motorola still intact on this phone, or because it changed owners no? I suspect neither would send me a replacement but I figured I'd get your opinions since you all seem like more familiar with this sort of thing. Thanks!
  2. cpjr

cpjr New Member

The warranty is on the device and they go by the serial #, doesnt matter who owns it.
  3. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

Verizon will do nothing. You may have better luck with Motorola directly (if possible).

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)
  4. nick_silver

nick_silver New Member

Ok, so my best bet is to contact Motorola directly? Where should I go to view what the warranty is?
  5. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

6. Detonation

Detonation New Member

I'd try calling Verizon first. What's the worst they can do, turn you down? I've read a couple posts of people saying Verizon replaced their device even though they didn't buy it through them. Verizon's warranty replacement is just a portal for Motorola's anyways.
  7. cpjr

cpjr New Member

Verizon WILL handle the warranty as long as its within 12 months. Does NOT matter if you were the original purchaser (I have swapped 2 phones through Verizon that I bought off ebay). They dont do it in store, but will send you a new device through the mail along with packaging to send the old one back.
  8. nick_silver

nick_silver New Member

Alright, thank you guys for the quick replies. I'll be calling Verizon tomorrow!