Question about screen replacement

droidjunkie87

Reaction score
I have searched and looked at a few of the threads on here and I have been to the Motorola site, but there is something I am baffled about. On the Motorola site it says they will not repair phones that have physical abuse(cracked screens). Is this true of all phones or only phones that they receive with a warranty claim? Okay guess I should enlighten as to why I am asking this question, I recently purchased a Droid Razr from eBay and the description says it has a cracked LCD and digitizer. I have now done my research and found out you have to buy them as one unit and the cheapest I found one was for $248.00 on eBay. Now I think I read on a post here or somewhere else that you can send it in and Motorola will replace it for $175.00 and this is where the question comes in, I want to know if they will actually repair the phone with me paying for it and how much it should cost. So if anyone has sent their phone to Motorola to get a lcd/digitizer replace OOW (out of warranty) how much did it cost and was there any hassle involved?

phat6

Reaction score
4 days after i got my brand new razr the screen broke. so i sent it back to motorola to see what they had to say about it seeing how big red said it didnt have any physical damage but they would not fix it. Motorola called me to say they would fix it for 110.00 i opted to have them return my phone back to me. 110 is not a bad price at all i was just being cheap at the time.

OP
D

droidjunkie87

Reaction score
thank you for the reply, I am probably going to sit on it for a while and then send it in to motorola to see if they will fix it. I have a htc thunderbolt that I can use until i have enough money to fix the razr.

Sparkimus

Reaction score
Your best bet it to have Motorola repair the phone. It's cheapest and you'll probably get a warranty with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

stu1019

Reaction score
I broke my screen after taking my phone out of my armband after running. It was like slow motion as it hurdled toward the concrete, landing perfectly on its face. It was the prettiest spiderweb I have ever seen.
Of course, big red can kiss my arse, so I called Motorola. She quoted me $165 to have it replaced, which was cheaper than paying $600 for a new phone. So I filled out their online claim form to have it sent in for repair.
Motorola replaced the screen and returned my phone to me, free of charge. (It has been almost 6 weeks since repair and haven't received a bill, so I think its free at this point).

Funny thing is, they screwed up the GPS during the repair, so Big Red gave me a new phone (of course I didn't tell them Motorola played with it).

Good luck. I suggest trying Motorola first as it seems some technicians consider the Gorilla Glass to be covered under warranty.