Question about OTA updates and unrooting.

catfud

Last night, I unrooted my Droid because I want to get teh OTA froyo update and when I unrooted, I went all the way back to 2.0.1. My question is, will I get the 2.1 update OTA or do I have to update it manually somehow? Also, does it even matter? Will I just get upgraded up to froyo when that update is released from 2.0.1?

Thanks for the help!

xpezdj

It should happen automatically I just unrooted last night and mine just started downloading on its own. You can check it by going to settings > about phone> system updates

eliassami5

it will happen automatically if you are completely unrooted, but you should be on 2.1 before you go to 2.2. Go to settings> phone info> check for updates and it should prompt you to update to 2.1

OP
C

catfud

I have gone to system update quite a few times since I unrooted last night and it keeps telling me that my system is up to date. Maybe I didnt unroot correctly?

I will look into it and see if maybe I did it wrong.

Thanks for the info.

OP
C

catfud

i just prefer to use the actual OTA release. While I loved Froyo, I dont plan on ever doing anything like overclocking or changing the theme, so I would prefer to have the Verizon given 2.2.

i just prefer to use the actual OTA release. While I loved Froyo, I dont plan on ever doing anything like overclocking or changing the theme, so I would prefer to have the Verizon given 2.2.

I got you. cause I change ROMS and themes on a weekly basis just for the heck of it.