question about liquid smooth rom

Reaction score
it never seems to save the cpu settings or governor i set it to. after a reboot it always goes back to default on both. i have 'set on reboot' checked (and even tried it unchecked) to no avail.

i'm thinking it's the superuser app i got off the market....what do you guys think? is there another 'superuser' type app i can try?

thanks

(i have the cdma vzw GN, and liquid smooth 1.5mr1 rom)

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
There are two superuser apps, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noshufou.android.su and https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu Some prefer one over the other, really though I kinda doubt this is your problem. If it were a root permissions problem, it probably wouldn't set itself in the first place as the ROM Control (or whatever Liquid's version is called) would need root to set it in the first place.

My guess is one of 3 things is wrong:
- you have something else conflicting with the ROMs settings, by that I mean another overclocking app that is also made to set at boot.

- Your kernel and ROM don't play nicely together. This probably isn't the case, but it has happened where certain settings won't stick with certain ROM and kernel combos, for whatever reason.

- Perhaps this is a glitch with the ROM, flashable theme, or your installation method.

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
hmm yeah i tried about 6 different kernels. i don't think i have any overclocking apps that i know of.

i flashed it with a factory data wipe, then cache wipe, then davik cache wipe, then flash liquid smooth, then gapps, then kernel, then reboot. does all that sound right?

(i just tried another superuser app called superSU, no joy lol)

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
hmm yeah i tried about 6 different kernels. i don't think i have any overclocking apps that i know of.

i flashed it with a factory data wipe, then cache wipe, then davik cache wipe, then flash liquid smooth, then gapps, then kernel, then reboot. does all that sound right?

(i just tried another superuser app called superSU, no joy lol)

That should be a good installation method.

For experimentation sake try a different control method to see if it sticks. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.sineo.android.noFrillsCPU <-- NoFrills or one of the many other apps out there, System Tuner, SetCPU, CPU Tuner, Franco Kernel Updater, Glados Control, or Trinity Kernel Toolbox among many others. There are also, other options not on the market. TricksterMOD (works for any kernel) or LeanTweaks (only LeanKernel) both are available on Rootzwiki.

If one of those works then perhaps it is an issue with Liquid's ROM itself? Perhaps someone who is more familiar with Liquid's ROMs could chime in, or perhaps browse through their thread (probably the one on Rootz would be your best bet, as it is very active). I haven't ran Liquid in a little bit, and when I did, I didn't use the built in ROM stuff to control my OC/settings.

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
hmmm thaNk you. i'll try that no-frills tuner and see. hopefully it works :biggrin:

goosedeath

Reaction score
GalaxyFlatulence said:
hmmm thaNk you. i'll try that no-frills tuner and see. hopefully it works :biggrin:

Do you have ROM toolbox installed? If so, change your performance settings in liquid settings, and then duplicate the settings in ROM toolbox. Works for me. Should stick after power down and rebooting.