Liquid jb rom

trink08

Reaction score
Just tried liquid smooth alpha jb ROM. It was nice to see what features and customizations I will eventually get but this rom was so buggy I had to flash back to xenon after 15 mins. Though When it was working, it was the smoothest ROM ive tried yet. Anybody else try it?

lozzt

Reaction score
I would like to give it a try. I've read some positive reviews but since I'm new to ROMs I'm reluctant to try something that requires modifying once installed (I've read some have had to modify the voltage).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
trink08

trink08

Reaction score
lozzt said:
I would like to give it a try. I've read some positive reviews but since I'm new to ROMs I'm reluctant to try something that requires modifying once installed (I've read some have had to modify the voltage).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yea I probably read all the same that u did. I too am fairly new to ROM s but this one wasn't stable enough for me (after all it is just an alpha version). After having it flashed for only 15 mins, I found a list of bugs and freeze/lags.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When trying roms like liquid jb right now... remember that these roms are still in beta and alpha stage.. not stable.. so yes... there will be bugs

Cellar Door

who are you prior and where's my horse

jjhiza

Reaction score
Guys, a new beta is coming later today. I ran Alpha 6, and now I'm on beta 2 (since pulled from the servers), and I've had zero issues at all, outside of having two camera and gallery apps. The people who are tweaking voltages (like me) are doing so in an attempt to gain more control over battery life and performance, not because there's something wrong with the ROM or kernel. I've tried three JB ROMs: mROM (AOSP and stable, but few customization options), Slim Bean (AOSP with some AOKP options cooked in, and is a very good ROM), and now Liquid (AOSP base, w/ some CM10 and AOKP features built in). I have to say that, of the three I mentioned, Liquid is running the best for ME...I'm getting good battery life, cool temperatures, great performance, and some nice customization options.

Everyone's experience will be different, but most of the JB ROMs have been out long enough to be fully stable, even if they're lab led "alpha" or "beta" releases. Hopefully, this was somewhat informative...I'd suggest hitting the Rootz and Xda threads, to ask questions, and see what's going on. :)

Galaxy Nexus - Liquid JB: the forgotten beta

OP
trink08

trink08

Reaction score
thanks jjhiza. I will check out the beta2 tomorrow. One last question: is there a way to tone down the colors in liquids ROM? They're a bit much on the eyes

jjhiza

Reaction score
Yeah, they take some getting used to, but after a full day, you'll realize just how yellow the stock whites looked. But, to answer your question...yes, you can change the colors, using either Franco's kernel toolbox or the Trinity kernel toolbox. I saw someone mention a free app (the two I mentioned are paid apps, that support the developers), but he never posted the name of it...and since I already had both paid apps, I didn't bother to ask.

OP
trink08

trink08

Reaction score
jjhiza said:
Yeah, they take some getting used to, but after a full day, you'll realize just how yellow the stock whites looked. But, to answer your question...yes, you can change the colors, using either Franco's kernel toolbox or the Trinity kernel toolbox. I saw someone mention a free app (the two I mentioned are paid apps, that support the developers), but he never posted the name of it...and since I already had both paid apps, I didn't bother to ask.

Thanks. Like I said , I'll check out beta tomorrow

OP
trink08

trink08

Reaction score
Although this xenon HD 4.0 has been sweet. Just not quite as smooth regarding swiping from screen to screen