Question about Handcent SMS app widget

raven1911

Reaction score
I'm looking for a texting widget like this:

LXfno.jpg

A similar look can be achieved through handcent.

This would be choosing adroid in converstation style. You would have to go into bubble settings after this and select transparency to zero on both the sent and received background colors. Then go in to bubble setting and select a picture you want as your background.

Let me know if you need more information.

BTW, batch mode is for selecting multiple texts for deletion or moving. Batch mode lets you put a check mark next to the text messages. Batch is nice for selecting/deleting some text messages in a converstation and keeping others.

Last edited:

raven1911

Reaction score
The I opened up the widget and its the exact same thing as the shortcut, just an icon.

I have seen screens where there are text conversations with the cell phone background/icons in behind the convo. I there a way to have the convos be its own screen on the droid?

How is this screen achieved with this app:

nAC.u.cs.png
To achieve this screen:
From your handcent screen hit menu>settings>conversation style> check IPhone
return to regular screen and hit menu>settings>bubble settings>use picture then select your picture you want. This should do it. You can go back into bubble setting and select your font colors and your bubble colors as well.

i've tried that, but it looks like from the pix above, they made the pix faded. i can do that by selecting a pix, but i think the pix above has a pix and faded. no?

That was probably achieved through picsay app in modifying the picture before selecting it in handcent.

griz8791

Reaction score
Handcent moves threads with new texts to the top of the thread list and bolds the name or number of the sender.